Thread: My Rorty R82s

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    For now I am just doing a straight chain drive nothing fancy. I purchased a unit from Greg at desert Karts. He just emailed me to tell me its on its way. I should get it by next week and be able to set the rear up next weekend. later on I might go with a gear box but since this is my first buggy i think the chain drive is fine. I am thinking of putting a flex plate from a car on the opposite side of the sprocket and setting a starter motor on it for an electric reverse. We will see. the cassette design from Rorty was to expensive for me to build.

2. Collapse Details
    Ttt.........
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

3. Collapse Details
    Alright here you go. Snapped some pics with my old camera as my wife just left with the good one. and yoshi the rear is not done and yes it will get more support. Re-did the front a arms as the old ones were only 1" and i wanted a stronger arm. Re-did the front spindles as I used stubs from Dans performance and they were the wrong ones. I needed combo spindles and got them at Nevada off road buggy. Also got the rear carrier fabricated from Greg at Desert Karts and it turned out great. No slop at all. Thanks Greg. The rear sprocket is on its way and I will be able to set the rear trailing arms some time in the next few weeks. Its been 110-115 degrees and high humidity in the days here so its tough to do anything with a welder. Also hung the motor. Its is just temped in and not bolted yet so thats why it looks a bit crooked. I have a piece of square tube supporting it from swinging forward as I still have to fab a few pieces. And yes I will cut and weld in brackets to make the whole assembly removable. Getting close I guess just need some more money to keep going :roll: Thats it for now. hope you all like so far.

4. Collapse Details
    P.S. Like my new shop cart I am using to push the buggy around on? Took about 20min with scrap to build.

5. Collapse Details
    Looks good ,what are the two small round things on the frame behind the engine.

Not trying to be pushy ,but im really looking forward to seeing it done.

Hammer
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

6. Collapse Details
    See pics below. I just basically have the rear carrier taken apart. The center shaft and hubs are removed. I got a lot of work done on the car today (111 degrees and in the sun WOW :shock: ) Hung the rear trailing arms and front driver a arm. Made a fake shock to hang the front arm. Waiting for mor mis alignment busings. Midwest control kind of screwed me there. (I know I know) will have to take photos sometime sat or sunday.

7. Collapse Details
    it looks good, and i didnt think that midwest high mis was what was thought, that is the problem correct, it is more like a spacer? 8)

8. Collapse Details
    Ya their machine work was pretty shotty. KWIKsand is laughing his butt off now I bet :lol: anyway their high mis was not even equal to a standard spacer. They had machined them so poorly they would hang up on the edge of where they machined it. I will try to take a photo of them close up. Oh well I can be wrong some time too. Best mistakes are ones we make ourselves. The rod ends are ok thought. At least for the buggy i think. I would not put them in a race car though.

9. Collapse Details
    I tol' you their high-mis spacers weren't high-mis!!! Hadta find out fer ya self, din't ya?

10. Collapse Details
    ops:

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast