Thread: My Rorty R82s

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    You might want to do some searching on this site about http://www.midwestcontrol.com/ So far I haven't heard of anyone that was real impressed with the quality of stuff from there.

2. Collapse Details
    I dont know much about them other then their stuff is really affordable. Its hard to make threaded bungs or offset bushings to wrong or weak. Also I am using their Teflon Race heims and they are rated at 17,500 lbs and I only paid $60 for 16 of them. I think thats a great price concidering QS components is only rated at 13,000 lbs and cost roughly 4 times as much for their economy heim.

3. Collapse Details
    ya thats cheap, 3.75 each, what size is that, as most 3/4 teflon heims are 20+ each. are you sure they didnt misquote you, or you already have the stuff! If so you got a sweet ass deal, i will be buying there next time. 8)

4. Collapse Details
    Thats 5/8" heims at 17,500 lbs. Rorty goes nuts on the heims and I am sure all the people out there going with a link type rear end like you bug can appreciate the costs. That was not a quoted price it is all on the website. The more you buy the cheaper they are. I purchased off of there Ebay page and bought them in sets of 4 at 15$ each set and I already have recieved them. Want another shock? I got my weldable bungs for $2.73 each and my misalignment bushings for $1.56 each :shock:

5. Collapse Details
    i paid 10.00 each qs ends 3/4, 15 set high mis, and 4.25 bungs. i will have to look at the sight again. 8)

6. Collapse Details
    prices are pretty cheap, i did notice the highmis are not the good one for max degrees tho, it didnt list degree mis alignment specs but i can tell in the pic, but besides that, the rod ends i used i bought 24 off, and the teflon race ones there would have been 8.00, instead of ten, i will replace from there when i need to i know that. 8)

7. Collapse Details
    You might want to take a look at this thread
    https://www.minibuggy.net/viewtopic.php? ... p;start=15

Not trying to say they aren't any good, because I don't have any firsthand experience with them, but be carful and check them over good.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bikelomen
    I dont know much about them other then their stuff is really affordable. Its hard to make threaded bungs or offset bushings to wrong or weak. Also I am using their Teflon Race heims and they are rated at 17,500 lbs and I only paid $60 for 16 of them. I think thats a great price concidering QS components is only rated at 13,000 lbs and cost roughly 4 times as much for their economy heim.
    It's not affordable--it's CHEAP! I bought some of these rod ends, and trust me, they will be some of the most costly rod ends you'll buy. They are loose from the factory--sloppy import crap. A quality rod end will have a great deal of resistance to moving when new, and these would swivel around just waving them in the air.

As for the other stuff, it will be made with the same loose tolerances, and I'd even avoid those! The hi-mis spacers weren't hi-mis at all, because they were made with interferance fit so the misalignment was no better than a washer. If you want to know how they can mess up a threaded weld-in end, then ask yourself how loose you want it, or if you care if it will fit at all.

9. Collapse Details
    I dont know. Maybe you bought the cheap economy type from them or got a different run. The ones I got have a super tight fit and are comparable with the Heims I bought at $75 each for my drag truck which has a 1000hp blown 454 motor. Thoughs stood up to that on the four link in the rear of my truck. The misaligns go as far as possible basically to the shank of the bolt. I am not saying that you could buy a set somewhere else at 5 times the cost have them rated at 28,000 lbs and of course they would be better. But these are rated at 17,500 lbs and I cant see my buggy putting more strain then that on them The a arms would buckle first. These are rated higher then the designers spec heim which is only rated at 16,000. Oh well I am perfectly happy using them and think the ones I recieved are well built. If you guys don't want to then by all means please use the ones you feel happy and safe with.

10. Collapse Details
    i agree bikelo, if you are happy, thats great!!! 8)

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast