1. Collapse Details
    Twin Seater buggy plans (rorty R82s)
    Hey Guys,

Im in the finishing stages of building a pirahna (from the edge) and im doing some research on my next project. I've learnt a lot building the pirahna and im going to spend a lot more time in the design phase this time!!

I would really like to use some plans and then work on making some changes to suit my needs. Im not quite confident enough to build from scratch ideas yet!

What plans are out there for twin seat buggies. The only ones I can really see is rorty's R82s. I like it but im not sure if it will pass Australian CAMS rules for racing and I cant seem to get a response from rorty about this. Before I just bite the bullet and order these is there anything similar around?

I was thingking an R82s with a zx12 and transworx diff. But this time i really want to build something CAMS allows me to race.

Thanks, Any links etc would be much appreciated.

2. Collapse Details
    Hiya Gordy

Have you got any ideas on what sort of racing you want to do under CAMS? It will make a huge difference in your direction.

3. Collapse Details
    yea sorry should have added that bit.

Looking to class 3. I know most guys use suzuki engines but i thought a bike engine veichle might be a real weapon in this class on short tracks.

Im yet to order the cams book/rules thou. Just researching at the moment, getting ideas.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gordy
    yea sorry should have added that bit.

Looking to class 3. I know most guys use suzuki engines but i thought a bike engine veichle might be a real weapon in this class on short tracks.

Im yet to order the cams book/rules thou. Just researching at the moment, getting ideas.
    suzuki bike engine is what most use, and i believe they are a real weapon on a track, from what i have gathered, i am currently building a r6 based car, very few things are r6 designed tho, just will look very very similar in the frame, suspension is or will be all mine, thats when i get it done anyway.

5. Collapse Details
    Gordy if you want to run with the full size buggies you have to build exactly as the CAMS regs require for full size buggies. The advantages of the nimble ligtweight machine loose their appeal when you have to build from 38x2.6 CDS. The size of the car will also come into consideration. CAMS dont want small lightweight bike engined machines running with the big buggies. They would drive over the top of us without even knowing it. Basically you would end up with a 180kg frame before you start to bolt anything onto it.

Best advice I could give you at the moment is to get a copy of the TORC regs which are valid at the moment. But there will be changes later in the year. CAMS are looking at creating a completely new class in Australia specifically for small bike engine machines and the rules and regs will be as per the TORC manual.

If theres a specific machine you want to run you can submit the specs on it to TORC and get some feedback pretty quickly on it's compliance. Generally anything built from engineered plans would be very easy to comply.

Pete

6. Collapse Details
    thanks for the info pete thats a great help.

The plan was to build something light-weight bike powered. But if you think it cant be done then theirs not much point. I might grab a copy of CAMS rules after they change them.

Any idea as to when cams is going to release its changes?

7. Collapse Details
    It was supposed to be mid year but my gut feeling is closer to the end of the year.

PS If you let Bob know you want to build a machine to run under TORC regs he will be able to help you. He knows TORC and the current regs well.