Thread: Rorty R21

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Rorty R21
    Here are some pics of a R21 that I have been working on for the past 8 months. I actually already went for the first test ride and broke the RPM mount that I had made. I am currently waiting for my heims so I can make a stronger upper mount. I will update as I get the parts for the mount. I hope to have some video in about a week or so.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Rorty R21
    Here are more pics. It powered by a RC51 engine and it has a RPM for reverse. Please don't ask how much it cost because if the wife ever found out I would be sleeping in it. And if it looks small in the pics it's because it is. I am 5'8" and it's tight for me. There is plenty of headroom though. Feel free to ask any questions.

3. Collapse Details
    I am looking forward to seeing more pictures and videos of your tests. Especially any pictures of the engine hook-up and the RPM.Thanks.

4. Collapse Details
    I have always had a soft spot for the R21 and if I didn't want to design and build my own car then i would have bought his plans and built one myself.
    Sounds good about the rpm box for reverse but ya little pricey right... Hope you get that all dialed in soon and look forward to seeing more pics and maybe some video also..

Plus maybe we can meet up and do some riding together some time. I would look forward to seeing your build it looks good.

5. Collapse Details
    Looks great dude! I like the aluminum body, you did a great job with it. Please post more pics

6. Collapse Details
    Very cool,looking forward to some vids.
    Is this the first R21 on the MBN?
    Hows it handle?
    Nice job.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

7. Collapse Details
    I will get more pics when I get the RPM back in. The top mount I am making is kinda overkill (5/8 heims) but it's what I have on hand. Car handles great even in the rough terrain around Barstow. I still have to dial in the shocks. If anyone would have told me how fast it is I would not have believed them. If I had it to do over I would go with one of Tut's frames. I have more in tools to make a frame than his cost ready to weld. It was a great learning experience though.

8. Collapse Details
    Awesome!! I have wanted to see a build up! I think this is the first one built here. Hmmmm, I think this might be a sign...lol!! Keep the pictures coming!
    Nowhere near the desert.

9. Collapse Details
    Definitely get some good pics of how you are mounting the RPM box if you can. I am getting ready to have to come up with someway to mount mine and its hard to find any pictures any where.
    Looks great ! Keep up the good work.

10. Collapse Details
    Hey Armymp thanks for the kind words that was cool. Seriously though right? Coming from VW cars and heavy desert stuff I wouldn't call my stuff fast.. ya it gets up to speed and ya it goes fast but I wouldn't call my other cars fast per say.
    Now sure I have been in bigger v-8 Mosebuilt cars and ya those are fast.. but big and tons of power and that comes with a huge price tag to make that power.....

Then you get in a Mini Buggy and you rap up those rpms and let it fly and that's fast!
    Taking off, acceleration, response with my efi, light weight etc. and then the top speed isn't bad either. Especially for such a small car.
    They are fast and mostly so fun to drive.. I love to just pitch the back, hang a corner or just drive.

Very fun and glad you like yours it sounds as much as I do mine.
    I hope to meet up with you out at the desert. Good luck with the little fixes and see ya soon.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast