Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Announcing the new Rorty R16 Shotgun.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaja\";p=\"27711
    Uh, oh... my trailer might not hold that; I think 120" is the max, except allowing for some between the fridge & oven...how much of it is the bumper in front of the front edge of the tires?
    You could tweak both ends of the chassis a little bit, but you'll not be able to lose 20" I'm afraid.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by KWiKSand\";p=\"27719
    Can't you just hit the rotate button in Adobe? *Or Print to Portrait? * Maybe I am misunderstanding?
    That's the way to do it - just hit rotate to view them in landscape.

The reason for plotting the drawings in portrait is so they print to the maximum size.

The Shotgun manual is going to be in an even larger format - A3 (double the previous size). This means some of the parts will fit full scale onto a page. If desired, I can also send the files directly to your local print shop and you can then simply walk in and collect the printed A3 manual.

3. Collapse Details
    I don't think you understand. The files SHOULD be on the page in landscape, but aren't. If I rotate the page, as suggested, then I'll have the drawing sideways, but still lots of empty paper. I've tried everything I know of with Acrobat Reader, and so far, the only thing I could find was to zoom in on each portion of the page that contains the drawing, and print Display, rather than the page... and I had to do that manually for each page.

Here's a snapshot of my Adobe Reader screen--obviously reduced for size, but you can see the drawing with lots of empty paper around it. The gray above and below the page indicate the page separations.

4. Collapse Details
    What kind of pictures am I gonna have to take of myself to win a set of these plans????

5. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    ROFLMAO!!! *

They won't be able to be seen on this site....

6. Collapse Details
    I know it is not your information to give out and it you may not want to anyway, but I would love to model a rpm box for my solidworks designed buggy. Can you give out some box specs, shaft dimensions, and mounting specs for this box? Or maybe danno could supply this?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaja\";p=\"27729
    I don't think you understand. The files SHOULD be on the page in landscape, but aren't. If I rotate the page, as suggested, then I'll have the drawing sideways, but still lots of empty paper. I've tried everything I know of with Acrobat Reader, and so far, the only thing I could find was to zoom in on each portion of the page that contains the drawing, and print Display, rather than the page... and I had to do that manually for each page.

Here's a snapshot of my Adobe Reader screen--obviously reduced for size, but you can see the drawing with lots of empty paper around it. The gray above and below the page indicate the page separations.
    It's common practice to plot the drawings in portrait, in PDF documents, to get the best resolution for printing. If you're concerned about printing the drawings out, then go ahead and print them in portrait. That way you'll get the largest, clearest printouts possible.

If, however, you want to maximize the view on your monitor, then rotate the page to landscape (as you have clearly done) and close the bookmarks window and also zoom in.

PDF readers are, by default, portrait viewers as they follow common printed document formats. Trying to view a landscape drawing in a portrait window will always result in the image being squeezed into the width available in the portrait window. I can't do anything about all the white space above and below the drawing as I put a page on a page and that's the way it is. Actually, that's not strictly true; I can move the image to the top or bottom of the page, but you'll still end up with the same amount of white space if you view the drawing in landscape.

If I were to publish the drawings in landscape, then you'd lose an awful lot of detail, both on your monitor and when printed out. Does that help, or have I muddied the waters further?

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by THUMPCRAFT\";p=\"27762
    I know it is not your information to give out and it you may not want to anyway, but I would love to model a rpm box for my solidworks designed buggy. Can you give out some box specs, shaft dimensions, and mounting specs for this box? Or maybe danno could supply this?
    It took me some weeks to persuade Dan to let me have just the mounting hole dimensions so I could accurately model the chassis mounts, so I don't think he's keen on divulging much about his box. I think contacting him directly would be your best bet and hopefully I might stay in his good books. *

9. Collapse Details
    Rorty
    You mention that the plans will be on A3 paper.

In North America, the "metric" sized paper is rare, I have only ever seen "A4" on sale at the office supply stores.

Most people will be more familiar with the 11" x 17" .

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by XRH348\";p=\"27777
    Rorty
    You mention that the plans will be on A3 paper.

In North America, the "metric" sized paper is rare, I have only ever seen "A4" on sale at the office supply stores.

Most people will be more familiar with the 11" x 17" .
    You have got to be joking! You don't use international paper sizes either? OK, I'll do some research and find the equivalent size for the US.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast