Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Announcing the new Rorty R16 Shotgun.
    I'll be going back soon.Let me know if there's a time that's good for you.In the meantime;boo-hoo,waaaaa,sniff sniff,YEE-HAW!!!!!! I'm gonna have fun!!!!!! *[smilie=blowkiss.gif]

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by minibajaman\";p=\"31927
    It seems as the intended use of the car would affect if and how much rake could be used. *I guess for a short course car (is that the intended use of the R11?) that doesn't see really rough desert terrain or huge jumps than no rake is fine. *I have always used some, 10 deg, and there is certainly no handling instability (well up to the 50 mph that it can go) but it helps with soaking up larger jumps and big square-edged bumps like rocks and logs.
    The R11 is intended for short course running, or for anyone who wants a more responsive car. However, I still won't be raking the front end of the R13 which is aimed more at open desert/dunes. As I outlined in the other thread, I believe the cons vastly outweigh the pros when it comes to raking.

I think unless you're going to rake the front suspension by about 30 degrees (I don't know for sure because I haven't done the math), there's little justification for rake on the basis of approach angle/jumping, and as for the foibles of induced castor/anti-dive etc....BAH!

3. Collapse Details
    Rorty,where you got that stash of emoticons??????I love that last one.

4. Collapse Details
    I collected a bunch of them from all over the place and I keep them in a file on my desktop so I can hit them when required...a bit like opening the View more Emoticons window here.

5. Collapse Details
    You need to share! Just kidding.

6. Collapse Details
    [quote=K-fab\";p=\"31928]
    Quote Originally Posted by "minibajaman\";p=\"31927":1t8n4eud
    but it helps with soaking up larger jumps and big square-edged bumps like rocks and logs.
    No argument there. *

Goes back to that trig thing - hitting a suspension at more of an angle than forcing the suspension to work in a more perpendicular fashion and it lets things work a bit easier.

Guess I'm stuck with desert mentality. *That good dry heat's slowly baking my brain.. *

I'm going stir crazy - I wanna work on things, ride, drive, play... *Damn collarbone... Thank goodness it's about healed up.

How I wish I was going to make LS!!! *AAAaaarrrrggggghhhhhh!!!! * [smilie=banghead.gif][/quote:1t8n4eud]

Hope that collerbone is healed in 3 weeks, so i can smoke your ass on them 50's....Thats if you are gonna share...

7. Collapse Details
    Hi rorty whats the intended wheel base onthe r11 .
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * *muddy

8. Collapse Details
    The R11's wheelbase is 96" and the track is 68".

9. Collapse Details
    what is the overall lenght going to be, less than 120"?

10. Collapse Details
    The overall length of the R11 is 141", but if you were desparate to get it inside an existing trailer, you could trim a bit of the tube work off each end.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12