Thread: R16 from Canada

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    R16 from Canada
    Well it's been along time coming but I finally got the ball rolling on this project. I have been lurking in the forums here for as long as I can remember but always had one reason or another to not start a build of my own. I got started by building a bender using the got trikes plans I am happy with the results so far no complaints
    Then built myself a table to build on, most definitely not as nice as some of the others I've seen on here but it should serve my purpose

My a-arm jigs are finished and the trailing arm jigs just need the plates welded on. I don't have many pictures of them but here they are
    Got a start on the bottom layer of the frame over the last week just waiting to get my hands on my plate kit from Rorty before I start tacking things together. I should have it in my hands a couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Collapse Details
    Re: R16 from Canada
    Ahhhh yes!! That is very familiar! Very nice start!

Justin
    Nowhere near the desert.

3. Collapse Details
    Looking very nice. Looking forward to following your progress.

Roc

4. Collapse Details
    Yup, nice job on everything.

Sweet looking garage!
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

5. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Looks like your lurking is turning into a well planned out build, nice and neat ..
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks guys. Nothing much to show..these showed up the other day. I'm not going to need the seat belt tabs for awhile but I wanted to have the small tabs on hand so I ordered it now. For the price they charge it's just not worth my time to make 100 little tabs by hand..

The plates from Rorty USA did show up unfortunately the package was destroyed in shipping and most pieces are missing.. Thankfully customer support from Australia is top notch and a new kit will be sent out asap.

7. Collapse Details
    Small update... Things are moving quite slow. The replacement plate kit from Rorty USA still hasn't shipped I really hate to post this but I'm more then a little angry.. I had originally ordered the plate kit March 9th was told there was a 2 week lead time for them to be cut. May 3rd I asked when they would ship. Was told it would be looked into. By May 6th I had not received a response so I asked for a refund until it was figured out. The refund was promptly processed. May 18th I was told they were ready to ship, I paid again and had a tracking number May 20th Great!!... June 7th I received a package that had been repackaged by UPS as the original package was so poorly packed it destroyed the standard cardboard UPS box that the 40lbs and 116 loose steel plates were packed in.. Needless to say UPS didn't pick up all 116 pieces and I got 38...Christian in Australia was good and said they would have a replacement kit out ASAP.. After several inquires and several excuses here we are 5 month after the original order date on July 11 and I still don't have them... Alright rant over on to the positive stuff the middle layer is finished and tacked together I don't have a finished picture but here is one during bending As soon as the plate kit does show up the bottom layer will be tacked together and the mid and bottom layer can be attached. The main frame is pretty much at a stand still until that point unfortunately. I plan to lower the roof line a bit, I just think it looks better lower and at a angle as has been done on some of the other builds here. So to make sure I will still fit I ordered some seats and harnesses custom from PRP they have not arrived yet but will be very similar to these The trailing arm jigs are finished as the jig plates did make it here. I ordered the 4130 for the trailing arms and arms about 2 weeks ago so it should get here soon. I also purchased a crashed 2007 cobalt ss with a 2.4 Ecotec for a donor engine. Engine has about 70,000km (44,000 miles)I pulled the engine and stripped the car last week I have not had it running yet but it seems to be in good shape other then I'll need a starter as the solenoid is damaged..I got a really good price on the car and should at least be able to recover my costs and end up with a free engine by selling off the remaining good parts.

8. Collapse Details
    Cool looking build! Where are you located in Canada? I'm just outside of Ottawa.

9. Collapse Details
    How can you work in that cramped little shop?
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

10. Collapse Details
    Daaboots im in northwestern Ontario a solid 18 hour drive from Ottawa.
    Bull it's hard but I make it workR16 from Canada..... It is actually where I work and I am fortunate enough to have the use of it after hours.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast