Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Rorty has a new model ( I think ).
    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoDie View Post
    You would hope that Rorty would offer the customers who purchased the R15 manual a refund, or supply them with the new replacement manual.
    Jody / ProtoDie

I checked to see if he would send me the drawings for just the new parts and instead, he is offering a discount on the price if you wish to get the new plans.
    I think I will just ditch it and wait until someone has a Briggs style plan set available.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Montanaminirail View Post
    I checked to see if he would send me the drawings for just the new parts and instead, he is offering a discount on the price if you wish to get the new plans.
    I think I will just ditch it and wait until someone has a Briggs style plan set available.
    You already had the old R21 plans and he won't GIVE you the upgrades??? Don't think I'd appreciate that at all.

3. Collapse Details
    He said the changes to the R15 plans are too many to call it an upgrade.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    I have bought the R15 plans and have not tried to source the uprights yet just made the ferules, bushes and a-arm mounts.
    Will the R15 still be catered for by protodie?
    I see the R15 has been taken of the site and is only 8 months old, just wondering if the R15 plan owners are going to be looked after or not?
    I'm working on an update for the R15 to use the R21 Solo's suspension. The R21's chassis is identical to the R15's, but everything in the suspension is new. I've received a lot of emails in the past few days and it's obvious a lot of R15 builders have, or will hit a brick wall with their suspension parts, so the suspension update will be available soon-ish as a freebie to existing R15 customers.

I say soon-ish because I'm involved in a project at the moment and I don't have a spare moment, but rest asured, the update will be done ASAP.

Frank (Kludge here on MBN and the man behind Mini Buggy Sypply Inc.) is a very reliable business professional and is 100% devoted to this buggy and many other Rorty models too. Some other interesting models are in the pipeline too as a result of us being "in bed together".

Bug, you need to grow up - I have a broad back, but other members are getting really fed up with your attitude.

As I said in my last email, I am not putting the screws on you or anyone else. My original offer still stands if you'd like to discuss it. Has anyone even asked you for bushes or any other parts?

5. Collapse Details
    Is this suggesting that Protodie was not reliable or committed to supplying the necessary suspension parts that the plans originally called for? I haven't heard of him not being reliable.

6. Collapse Details
    Protodie Master and Vendor ProtoDie's Avatar
    I am asking the same question???
    Bob, Please clarify which suspension parts are the brick wall, and if you are refering to me / ProtoDie and the parts I supply.

Bob said "I've received a lot of emails in the past few days and it's obvious a lot of R15 builders have, or will hit a brick wall with their suspension parts, so the suspension update will be available soon-ish as a freebie to existing R15 customers."

As stated earlier, 3 people total have contacted me on the R15 parts since you released them and I supplied 2 of them with the parts they requested.

This was back in April, and I have not heard a thing from any others who purchased your R15 plans,,,,let alone alot of emails in the past few days.

I have no problem if you chose a new direction and supplier for your design, but do not blame me not supplying parts as a reason some have chose not to build that design.

Please clarify your statements

7. Collapse Details
    Jody, email sent.

8. Collapse Details
    It's better for the board to keep business details between suppliers and customers IMO.

The rest of us are obsververs. While we are interested we don't necessarily need to know nor does the community benefit from details. This is not the place to air it out so let it work out among those with a vested rather than a passing or petty interest.

9. Collapse Details
    Don't make Rorty mad, I am hoping he will comment on my X brace issue on the R82s either in the build log or via email.

Louis

10. Collapse Details
    I'm sure he'll answer your question if you PM him. He has always been helpful to buyers of his plans.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast