Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Progress for Rorty.net
    Its been a steep learning curve but the new Rorty website is close to launch - another month or so and it'll be up and running.

All the plans are still available here: RORTY Ultralite Dirt Buggies | Dirt Buggies, Mini Buggies, Superlite Buggies, Off-Road Buggies, Sand Rails, Off-Road Karts By Atkinson Race Technology Pty Ltd
    There's not as much detail on this site as I'd like but any questions - send me a message and I'll get back to you in a day or so.

We've made some progress with manufacturing and I am 90% through the set up and supply of the laser cut steel plate kits for the R11, R16 and R21. I'll be able to produce and ship these to the US (to your door) for similar prices to when they were sold by MBS. I'll finalise the weights and prices in the next 2 weeks.

We'll be building demonstrators of the R11, R16 and R21 very soon with a vlog on the new website.

I'll keep you posted

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Progress for Rorty.net
    Here's a few shots of the R16 Shotgun II laser cut plate kit and some of the self jigging components - one of the front uprights and the front A-arm brackets.

The kit has all the flat plate work for the buggy including the paddle shifter.

Last edited by K-fab; 03-14-2014 at 08:21 AM. Reason: posting pix instead of attached images

3. Collapse Details
    Hey how is the new venture coming along ?

We have around 35 cars / members down here.

Be good if you guys could get a track up and going .
    Talon's YouTube Channel

Adapt what is usefull , reject what is useless and add what is your own.........Bruce Lee

4. Collapse Details
    Its going well. Bit more work behind the screen rather than the workshop at the moment but that should change soon.

I really want to get a couple of buggies built!

I'm guessing your in one of the Vic clubs? Some info would be really useful to help lobby the State govt. They have big plans but there is a lot of neigh sayers out there when it comes to bikes and buggies in the forest (and I'm an environmental consultant!).

Bikes is the focus of the park at the moment but I want to put some info forward on the benefits of buggies so we can get our own dedicated area.

5. Collapse Details
    Yes TORC and there is just the one now,, we kind of joined the two as it was doing neither any good with small numbers and clashing of dates and venues etc.

New club site here if ya wanna check it out.
    http://torc.com.au/

Getting land access to unregistered vehicles is gonna be a problem , could be better off pushing the closed course thing first off .

I used to run a couple of rounds of the east state regional enduro series around my area and had to deal with all the departmental guff, man what a nightmare those DNRE types are dumb as dogshit , six months of BS to run 2 x 2 day races . Got sick of that after a couple of seasons let me tell ya .

Running races on your own track is sooo much better .

Might be worth having a chat to CAMS may be able to help with an angle of attack .
    Last edited by TALON; 03-14-2014 at 01:32 AM.
    Talon's YouTube Channel

Adapt what is usefull , reject what is useless and add what is your own.........Bruce Lee

6. Collapse Details
    Great club site. Still a Rorty or two!
    I have tried contacting the SE Qld minibuggy club but no response to any of the listed email addresses and the site doesn't seem to have been updated in a few years.

I have a couple of acres for a test track but I'd like something permanent and bigger.

The proposed govt site is all forest and a dedicated motorsport park but their focus is on motorcross.
    Do you have any idea how much land the TORC track takes up and how long the track is? The proposed park is 1500ac so should be room there for a dedicated buggy area.

Do any of the TORC guys run in CAMS events? I'm wondering if you've found a category that fits the single seat MC powered buggies. I've contacted AORC and they are 'getting back to me'.

Might rack your brain for club set up sometime in the future.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
    Great club site. Still a Rorty or two!
    Yes Bobs original car still races , and a couple of others.

I have tried contacting the SE Qld minibuggy club but no response to any of the listed email addresses and the site doesn't seem to have been updated in a few years.
    Yup, been dead for some time now, not sure what happened . Hambam on this site is up your way he seems pretty keen.

I have a couple of acres for a test track but I'd like something permanent and bigger
    HA dont we all

The proposed govt site is all forest and a dedicated motorsport park but their focus is on motocross.
    We recently had a bit of grief from a new MX club in the area who wanted to use our place and offended us badly in the process, Dont get me wrong i love bikes and make my living from them but there must be 30 MX tracks in Victoria and 5 within an hours drive of our track ,,,but nah too far to drive. We dug our heels in good on that one and so far so good .

Do you have any idea how much land the TORC track takes up and how long the track is? The proposed park is 1500ac so should be room there for a dedicated buggy area.
    I am guessing, but under 100 acres and between 1.5 and 2 km long depending on which layout we use, and a couple of times a year we book a track at Bendigo which is 5 or 6 km long where we run our enduro.

Do any of the TORC guys run in CAMS events? I'm wondering if you've found a category that fits the single seat MC powered buggies. I've contacted AORC and they are 'getting back to me'.
    This gets murky so bear with me , a couple of us run in hill climbs , autocross and other CAMS LS2 events , but not wheel to wheel events , i assume you mean off road rounds and the answer is NO as our cars dont meet the requirements as far as tube size blah blah.
    Now we have been approached on number of occasions
    by reps from the AORC to come under that banner as polaris and the sxs have,but every time it all gets too hard and falls in a screaming heap.

We are happy to do our own thing as they seem to want to run us, which aint gonna happen. Just recently they have propssed some sensible ideas to us and a few of us are trying to guide the direction without getting swallowed .
    They seem quite keen to get us to some events and run prologues as a stepping stone to the bigger stuff ,, cause lets face it some of the tracks they run would break a mini in minutes and that does not help anyone.
    Now i know the guys over west have built some minis to CAMS spec but that dont help if the car is built does it .
    As we are the only functioning mini club on the east coast whatever happens here will be the benchmark so watch this space.

One other thing you may be interested in,,,, and this is secondhand info as i have not checked for myself but would consider for my frames in the future . If you pay to have your frame assessed by a CAMS engineer they will issue you with an ROP number and any future identical frames will come under that certification ,and as long as you meet the other specs for a given class you can race in whatever you want .

Might rack your brain for club set up sometime in the future.
    Yea ask away, happy to help if i can .

Cheers Gareth
    Last edited by TALON; 03-14-2014 at 05:03 AM.
    Talon's YouTube Channel

8. Collapse Details
    Aww shit just realized this should be in criscos thread in the lounge , wanna move the last five posts over there Richard,,, sorry it is friday beer o clock here ya know .
    Talon's YouTube Channel

9. Collapse Details
    Hi, just FYI, the SEQMBC have reformed as the QLD Superlites Association,

Not sure if you are on facebook but I will direct someone to this thread so you can grab their contact details.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/137293343106649/

You might also want to have a look at the WA Superlites forum, lots of good info there

WA Superlites Forum

Cheers,
    Kev

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks Kev
    I'm not a regular face booker but logged on and joined the club!
    Hopefully we can get some numbers together to put forward a good case for a minibuggy track in the motorcross park here on the Sunshine Coast.
    Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast