1. Collapse Details
    Ridge Runner Turbo project....
    I'm the proud owner of a 2007 blue Ridge Runner 800 efi wit the motor works package. * It's been a great machine but could use a boos t in power for the sand. *I have looked all over the internet and so far I have not seen where anyone has turbo charged one of the 800 efi engines. *Having added turbo's to a couple of the sand rails in our group, I'm going to work on a turbo setup as my winter prodject .

I have a couple of small turbos from a small subaru car that should work for some small amount of boost and they didn't cost me anything. *So I will start out with them and if they are not right for the job. I'lll pickup the correct one later. *

This week we put it in the shop and removed the rear deck, seats, heatshield and airbox. *Then checked out several locations for the mock turbo placement. *Once we decided on a *location for the mock turbo, we made up some brackets. And connected the exhaust to the turbo, (may have to change it).

The turbo is water cooled so I'll have to tape into the water lines, that will be easy. *

Next I have a couple of issues with the lubrcation side of it. *
    1.) I don't see an easy *way to tie into the oil lines on the motor. *
    2.) I'm not sure if the motors oil pump has enough capacity to feed the motor and a turbo. So I'm looking into running a seperate oiling system just for the turbo.

Was told that engine has forged pistons, so thats not a problem. *I still need to find the fich or mechanical drawning on the motor to determin if the bottom end will handle the incressed load. The turbo has an internal waste gate set for 6psi i belive, so I will fine to run on premium pump gas.

Thats it till next week.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Ridge Runner Turbo prodject....
    People have put a turbo on the 700's, so it should be okay on the 800, since you only have 6lbs of boost. Your best bet for lubrication would be an external pump that runs to the turbo, but you could have it suck oil from the engine, or a seperate, smaller tank. Just make sure to monitor the pressure.
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

3. Collapse Details
    Your best bet for lubrication would be an external pump that runs to the turbo, but you could have it suck oil from the engine, or a seperate, smaller tank. Just make sure to monitor the pressure.
    I've already figured out the external oil pump and have plans on building a small container to hold a quart or two of oil to lubricate the turbo.

4. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    What engine is it?

I know of a turbo charged Bombardier Outlander 800. *Runs extremely well.

5. Collapse Details
    What engine is it?
    2007 Polaris sportsman 800 EFI

6. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    I would imagine that the same system that's on the Outlander would work with your engine. *If you want any info, pm me and I'll give you the name and number of the guy that did the Outlander.

7. Collapse Details
    Ok sent you a PM K-fab. *

Any and all info will help out in this build.

8. Collapse Details
    Not working on it this weekend, *Going to take it riding this weekend. * Hopefully we will have some more done on it next weekend.

9. Collapse Details
    Re: Ridge Runner Turbo project....
    I like the position of the turbo on the outlander. I guess you gotta put it where it fits.
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

10. Collapse Details
    Re: Ridge Runner Turbo project....
    Quote Originally Posted by plkracer\";p=\"46808
    I like the position of the turbo on the outlander. I guess you gotta put it where it fits.

Yes, *but the closer to the exhaust ports the better. The expanded HOT gasses is what gets that turbo spinning. *And *the shorter all the pipes are, the smaller the lag is.
    But the machine disign usually dictates where the after thought turbo will go....