Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Lil Redline Fun Vid
    Here's a little vid we did messin with a Redline last weekend.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7385&hl=en

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Lil Redline Fun Vid
    I'd make a couple suggestions you can file directly in the trash if you wan't..............

wrong choice of music. *I like some old school beastie boys (I think that's who that was) but that was distracting and annoying to the point that I almost closed the tab about 6 seconds in before I decided to go ahead turn it down and invest my time watching the video.

Second........VERY IMPORTANT.......that video is very hard to watch with the 1 second clips crammed together. *You can't focus on the machine because every second it is changing locations on the screen. *I turned it off long before it was over because it was actually causing me physical pain trying to keep my eyes on and focussed on the buggy.

3. Collapse Details
    It does look like you have lots of video though, and lots of people would want to see long clips of the machine working as there is a lack of such video available.

4. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Pretty cool. *Really good to see one of the cars in action. *Where was the video done? *Looks like a fun place. (I'd like to go play there with my Gen IV...)

The suspension looks like it works pretty well. *A little shock tuning and it will work even better. *From the short clips I see of it going through the whoops it appears to be a tad stiff on compression and then maybe a bit quick on rebound - especially in the rear. *Is there any way you can get a longer video of it running through the whoops?

How far into the travel does the car sit? *It looks as if it's near full droop. *That alone may be a lot of the bounce I'm seeing though the whoops.

I'd really like to see/help get one of those cars dialed in to see what sort of potential they have. *Keep the good stuff coming!

Thanks for sharing.

----- addition to above:

I would like to get my hands on a Redline and play with a few aspects just to see how nice this car could be made. *I got to crawl all over one and then see one other one after a rough weekend for the thing and there were a handful of simple things that would bring the vehicle's abilities up quite dramatically. *- abilities meaning durability, performance - just finishing out the package.

The single shear on just about every suspension bolt needs to be modified. *The upper front a-arm mounts need to be braced and tied together as they're about 4" long and just stick into the foot well and have no support for that dreaded side hit.

From what I saw with the two cars at ATV and then the couple I saw in the dunes and now this one on video, they sit way too high in the ride height. *Dropping them down from where they are to about 1/3 if not a full 1/2 way into the travel will make them stick to the ground like glue and probably corner a lot better.

The car seems to come from the factory at about 90% ready and complete. *That last 10% could probably make the little thing quite wicked and a lot more fun.

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not bashing on the vehicle at all, I'm just seeing a few minor things that could be changed to make the Revolt dramatically better. *There's always room for improvement on just about anything.

Next time I'm in Phoenix, if I have time, we should get together and work on tuning the suspension. *I have all the stuff needed and usually have it with me in my truck. *It would be a fun day of "working play".

5. Collapse Details
    ahhhh..........I watched it again and stuck it out till the end........I like that little thing. *Looked like fun.

6. Collapse Details
    Very cool......and what Richard said....it seems to sit way to high and is quite "bouncy" because of it.....and why.....why....why....why do people have this god awful desire to put "music" to their video's??????? [smilie=banghead.gif] *I put "music" in quotes because what briefly came out of my speakers before I muted it was anything but music...........ear bleeding, eye gouging, vomit inducing noise.....would be a far better description. Please....please...please....the best music that can accompany any video of a buggy is the sweet sound of a bellowing exhaust!!! *

7. Collapse Details
    Or maybe softer music in the background...under the exhaust...I don't mean soft like Barry manilow either...quieter...nice vid... and what K said

8. Collapse Details
    I liked the ending of the video best. It really showed how well balanced the car is, and gave a good perspective of the suspension working.

9. Collapse Details
    I shut it off about 10 seconds into it...music and the very short clips gave me a headache (doesn't mean other's don't like that music). *After reading DrakAttack's post, I fast forwarded it to the end (about 3:15) and watched the suspension work rather well for such a short wheelbase car. *Always wanted to see how one of those worked. *Thanks for the video.

10. Collapse Details
    A few comments, sorry if you have to reach for the mute button, but if I had left the ambient sound in you would have had to do the same, it was a windy day.
    There is a little more decent video that we'll post once it's editied.
    This is Redline's Demo car and we only had it for a little less then 2 hours.
    But I do have a few impressions from it.
    This car is out of the box stock except for the bead locks, these will however be available from Redline.
    If you're looking for something to go smoke any of your quad buddies, this is it, and you feel safe.
    For desert, trail, dunes, playing, etc, I wouldn't change anything other then getting the correct tires for the terrain. Set-up worked good for all around.
    Those are really some decent whoops in the video, and we were at 60 mph for a while and then dropped to around 50 due to a small turn, and had never pre-ran that road before, so a 2nd pass would have been flat footed.
    It did bounce some, never sideways or uncomfortable but it did bounce, my impression is we had too much air in the tires, but any atv tire that fast in those whoops will bounce.
    It does have some body roll, but Redline has a sway-bar coming which will cure that.
    Overall, I liked it, and would definetly use one for pre-running for my big car.
    By the way, my wife loved it too...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast