Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Turbo in Revolt XL
    Heres the pics for those of you interested. 6 hours break-in done, boost valve goes on now.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by sandracer1 View Post
    You will have to let me know when you head down there again. It would be a blast to run around with another fast buggy. My friends can't keep up through the rough stuff. Do you live close to the park? You are talking MO right? It was fast with 100hp 130 is going to be a blur. I have to work on clutchingnow. Did you run paddles on either of the machines? If so how many? and what kind? That stuff isn't really sand you know.
    No one ran paddles. They are only fun for straight runs at St. Joes in my opinion. I only ran them once with the Drak. If you run in the wet areas you don't need to mess with them. I sold my Drak and only have the RZR now. It isn't fast but is actually more fun in the trails. It's a freaking mountain goat.

Wish I still had the Drak cause going fast is a hoot. Hitting the whoops at 80 to 90 mph freaked all the so called fast guys out.

I'd like to check yours out some time because if the housing market picks back up (fingers crossed!) I may entertain doing the Weber swap on my RZR or getting another single seat car like yours.

Tom

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by litespeed View Post
    No one ran paddles. They are only fun for straight runs at St. Joes in my opinion. I only ran them once with the Drak. If you run in the wet areas you don't need to mess with them. I sold my Drak and only have the RZR now. It isn't fast but is actually more fun in the trails. It's a freaking mountain goat.

Wish I still had the Drak cause going fast is a hoot. Hitting the whoops at 80 to 90 mph freaked all the so called fast guys out.

I'd like to check yours out some time because if the housing market picks back up (fingers crossed!) I may entertain doing the Weber swap on my RZR or getting another single seat car like yours.

Tom
    Yeah, I freaked some guys out yesterday blasting through the woops I guess maybe 50 60, I do not know. Felt like 100 to me. I need the paddles to help me hook up and stay off the rev limiter. I like to drag race down there and they HATE to get beat by a little red buggy. It does good in the trails just have to watch the width and make a new trail every once in awhile. Let me know when you will be out this way.

4. Collapse Details
    Glad to see you've got it back sooo did the 30more horses make a big difference if it did 30 more should be awsome . Post up some vids when you get the boost going and please try to keep it on the tires and not the roof . I got stop giving you hard time about that Todd . Congrates again for getting it back and can't wait for some vids plus warmer weather is on the way
    Later Blair

5. Collapse Details
    It is going to be more than enough to get me in trouble. And it is already warmer here. Did not come a day too early either.

6. Collapse Details
    congrates It looks like a nice install. bet you're stoked!!
    I'm sure jellous

7. Collapse Details
    Here is a vid of test day. Sorry it sucks, but all I have for now. The last half is running around about a half mile track. Clutching is WAY OFF. On the rev limiter from the drop of the throttle all the way through the gears. I will post another later.
    YouTube - Redline Revolt Turbo

8. Collapse Details
    That sux. I never had a quad or motorcycle get more than half a car length on me at the start unless it was in the fluffy sand. I'd pass all of them by 100 to 150 feet with the Drak. I miss that...always being first. Since you have a analog tach your clutching should be pretty easy to set up. Does Queen or Wasteland, forgot who did the upgrade, give you a dyno sheet to clutch to or is it seat of pants tuning?

Tom

9. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    Tom, had your 600 Rotax had any work done to it? I was at a sand drag strip with my pure stock 600 Rotax, and I couldn't hang with the built up quads. Plus, the gearing of the Pilot trans should have an advantage in acceleration over the gearing of the Drakart trans.
    I race, therefore I am

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by litespeed View Post
    That sux. I never had a quad or motorcycle get more than half a car length on me at the start unless it was in the fluffy sand. I'd pass all of them by 100 to 150 feet with the Drak. I miss that...always being first. Since you have a analog tach your clutching should be pretty easy to set up. Does Queen or Wasteland, forgot who did the upgrade, give you a dyno sheet to clutch to or is it seat of pants tuning?

Tom
    Yeah, Like I said clutching is WAY OFF. Not putting the power to the ground. BUT, when I show up next time they will be expecting me to be a pooch and then, surprise, where the hell did he go!!! That is what I am anticipating anyway. I have my adjustable weight set on order now. Should only be a couple of weeks. Plus the 12 paddle Scat-Traks in about 3 weeks. I am figuring I will have a hard time keeping the front wheels on the ground. Wasteland did the upgrade and he is sending me the program and will be helping me tune it. With the weight set though I will start by the sat of my pants. I figure I will start about 60 grams. Stock is 37 grams.
    Last edited by sandracer1; 04-15-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Forgot details.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast