Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Lil Ripper the EBK
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads

2. Collapse Details
    Damn, thats a lot higher angle that what I thought... 56/57 Degree's of angle, that's a lot, enough angle for what I need, I think atleast. Still debating on Heims or Uni's, Heims are more adjustable, but I'm not sure yet, I'll probably go with Heims, Because there easier to replace, just unscrew the old one, screw in the new one, and your good to go. As for travel, I think 12-14" is good with a 58" Track, since those high miss spacers, shouldn't be too hard.

EBKHiMisSpacers4.PNG
    EBKHiMisSpacers3.jpg

Thx
    Last edited by K-fab; 11-14-2019 at 02:35 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Uniballs out on the ends where the spindles attach, heims where the arms attach to the frame is probably the best bet.

Actually, if you design the suspension with non adjusting pivots on all three lower arm pivot points (uniballs at spindle, bushing at frame mount) and the upper arm with a uni at the spindle mount then just two heims on the mounting points it will allow you all the adjustment needed. This is how my Mini-Raptor is set up. - I’d search for pix from the MR’s thread but I’m sitting here on my iPad having my morning cup ‘O java and copying stuff to paste in is a pita.

Camber is controlled by screwing both top heims in or out together and caster is controlled by screwing one in, one out.

The fixed lower arm makes things easier. I use nylon bushings with steel sleeves for the pivots - look at a RZR’s front arms and you’ll see what I mean. To do it right, you need to make a jig and build with that.

btw, you want your suspension components to be the fail points, not the frame.

Don’t get overkill on the arms. Design them to take the suspension loads (perpendicular to motion) but as light weight as you can so the tree hiding around the corner can rip it off.

Burly suspension that tweaks the frame in a crash makes for a lot more work. Stay away from the tube you’ve bent in the frame when you cut it loose - it’ll hit you in the leg REALLY hard and drop you to the shop floor and then everyone in the shop will point and laugh their asses off. (True story...)

4. Collapse Details
    Ok, that was going to be my next question, Caster, Camber, Ackerman, I know that, but what about KPI, Scrub, and the other stuff?

So if the frame is 1.25"x0.083-0.090" DOM, Is making the A / J-arms 1.25"x0.120" Overkill, or should I do something like 0.095" for the Arms?

Ill look into that, alot of the EBK's use bushings on top and bottom inner mounts, and a heim on the outer mounts, Ill probably go with what you said, bushings on the bottom inside, heims on the top inside, and Uni's on the outsides top and bottom.

Thx

5. Collapse Details
    So Inner Bushings, Something Like this? https://www.4wd.com/p/synergy-manufa...-FSVG-4300-125
    I believe comes with everything, Tube, Bushings, Bolt and Nut, Not bad for $10.99

Thx

6. Collapse Details
    Yup, that would work perfectly.

7. Collapse Details
    So for making a jig for the A / J-arms, I know welding tabs to a plate would be the best, but could I get away with screwing tabs to a piece of 3/4" plywood, or is that a fire hazard?

Most likley for Pedals, to keep space down, use Race kart pedals, the floor mount ones?
    And would a Race kart brake kit, single piston caliper, ect, like this be alright or go bigger? https://www.bmikarts.com/1-or-1-14-H...ck-_p_582.html

Thx

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by PanDa_ View Post
    So for making a jig for the A / J-arms, I know welding tabs to a plate would be the best, but could I get away with screwing tabs to a piece of 3/4" plywood, or is that a fire hazard?
    Thx
    How i did my arms, works fine and aside from spatter causing little burns, you should not be generating enough heat in the tubing to light up the wood.

9. Collapse Details
    So for a seat, Im thinking one of the track racing go kart seats for now, with a 5 point harness, because for a 6'1 person, 41" from pedals to seat back is comfortable, and I'll make it a tad bit longer, so can fit a tad taller person, have some extra room for adjustment, and that's the same seat setup that CarsandCameras did with there cross kart, and there should be room to upgrade the seat in the future, to a full size, and the small one should make it easier to get in and out of the kart, I'm still deciding if I want to have a door, or just go through the windshield or window like a regular kart.

Thx

10. Collapse Details
    Was wondering, on the rims, could I flip them around, like instead of the 3" backspacing on the outside, like normal, could I put it on the inside, backwards basically, to shorten the trailing arm axle part? or could I cut it and weld it back with more offset, like 2+6? (2" being from the hub in, so outer rim, them 2 inches in is hub? I think I explained that right?)

Thx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast