Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Honda FL 440 Build
    Good stuff.

Best thing about steel is you can always change things if your not happy.
    All dressed up and waiting for the beer to arrive.

2. Collapse Details
    Got my steering rack mounted (again) but this time I'm happier with the placement. I decided to flip the rack and "push" on the front of the upright to steer instead of "pulling" like a conventional steering setup. I still have to weld my mounts to my upright for steering and calipers.

I also got the original FL250 Honda fiberglass tub in (with some modifications). I'm thinking about making my own fiberglass fenders to bolt on after patching the clearance holes with fiberglass.

3. Collapse Details
    This thing looks pretty cool. What are the dimensions going to be overall for this?

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JagerDanger View Post
    This thing looks pretty cool. What are the dimensions going to be overall for this?
    With the front A arms horizontal it will be 64" wide, 62" wide in the rear. About 16" of travel in the front, the rear is TBD depending on shock placement and CV angles, but my goal is 18" rear travel. Wheelbase is 68".

5. Collapse Details
    Starting to look like something! I've still got a ways to go on the cage but at least my suspension is all welded.

What are some good looking color schemes you have seen? I'm thinking black for the main frame (bottom) but I'm not sure what to paint my roll cage and suspension components.

6. Collapse Details
    I played that game on my current buggy. I went with a ‘bud light’ blue with red accents. Called it my my little buddy build. Unfortunately the paint I got doesn’t hold up to anything more than a bump. I would suggest going with a rustolium product that has a proven track record as far as surface durability. Others online here can make a recommendation. I can’t remember what h should have used. I read somewhere about the rustolium stuff being hard as nails but I went against their suggestions and I regret it. Once you determine what the stuff is, you’ll have narrowed your color pallet down quite a bit. But when it’s all said and done, does it really matter? I mean your gonna drive the piss out of it either way right? And it’s going to get dirty so it’s only going to look shockingly good until you take it riding. Let’s face it, all you really need is to keep the thing from rusting should the occasional puddle come out of nowhere. Soooo, with all that being said, I love a good bright color on my buggy, and a true black on the upper roll bars. It makes the think look lower, especially if the cage is quite high.
    HARD WORK PAY$

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2