Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Willy's Flat fender Buggy Build
    Aaaand this is why I decided to come back to this website. Freaking Brilliant! This jeep and that engine- plus TURBOS? Man, Yes. 1000x yes. I've used that 1UZFE in a build before and I am a huge fan of those things. I love this build and heck yeah man, heck yeah. Great job so far!
    www.GrenadeMotorsports.com
    "Power and Performance Maniacs"

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks man. Appreciate the kind words.

And a quick update: I am putting the rear suspension on hold for a bit as I have decided that I need to put some attention on the drive train. Since I will be shooting for 4 wheel drive at some point, I figure I better try planning ahead as much as possible. In order to get a transfer case on this thing I need to take apart the transmission and swap out the output shaft with one from another transmission so I can use a transfer case. I'll post some pics this weekend on that subject, well Saturday anyway because football is going to be good on Sunday. In process I believe I need to push the engine forward a bit and maybe push the differential back a bit to get enough room for a shorty drive shaft. And I mean short!

3. Collapse Details
    Here's the issue. The transmission on the engine has an output shaft that wont work with the transfer case. And the transmission that is set up for the transfer case has different electronics and wont work with the engine ECU apparently. So the fix is to change out the output shaft. I have never worked on an automatic transmission, but did bunch of google and found some info so her goes nothing.

All you got to do is remember 2 thing, Mentum and Mo-Mentum.

4. Collapse Details
    And then Bam! Can I get a F@@@ yeah mother F@@@er!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One down, One to go.

5. Collapse Details
    You took a clutch pack apart, Make sure you measure the stack height before you slap it back in.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bdkw1 View Post
    You took a clutch pack apart, Make sure you measure the stack height before you slap it back in.
    Probably would have been a good idea had I read your post earlier. But oh well. This engine and transmission only has about 60k on it. The part that makes me nervous is the loads of silicone used on the pan. Hope it all stayed there.

7. Collapse Details
    Here's a pic of the 2 shafts side by side. I managed to get one transmission back together last night after the football games.

8. Collapse Details
    My regular work seems to get in the way of my progress. But on Saturday I managed to do a few things. She's gaining weight right along. Got a addition onto the back of the transmission now so I can have 4x4.

Going to be a pretty short drive shaft. The engine and transmission are just sitting on everything, not exactly lined up.

9. Collapse Details
    Drive shaft pics. So I had to cut up the motor mounts that I did previously and the engine came forward about 2". I still have to move the dif back about 1/2" and angle it down a little to be in the right spot. The drive shaft actually turned out better than I expected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4