Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Coolster 250 buggy
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDUNO View Post
    Are you positive the rev limiter effect isn't electrical?
    I'm not 100% certain. I already have a ton of pilot and main jets for mikuni and keihin. I'm pretty sure it needs a bigger main jet. It'll be a couple weeks until i can mess with it.

2. Collapse Details
    The engine still acts like its got a rev limiter. I messed with the carburetor and its a little better. I'm going to try out a flat slide carb to see if it still has the issue.
    I came up with a tensioner for the jack shaft

Took it up to my ranch sunday and had some fun. I didn't get any action pics

3. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    That little thing is cute! I like

Chain tensioner looks nice and stout and I like the KISS aspect.

Can I borrow the Kubota in the background? I miss playing in the Mini-X and Bobcat (about the only thing I miss from Ohio).

4. Collapse Details
    This might be a crazy idea, but I would give it a try if it were mine. Rev it till it starts to do the rev limiter thing, then squirt a little extra fuel in the carb. if it revs higher, then you know it's a fuel issue. Hell you might just have a piece of junk stuck in a jet?

I keep an old ronsol lighter fluid bottle for squirting small amounts of gas in carbs. Zippo used to have a metal fuel can that would work too.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by K-fab View Post
    That little thing is cute! I like

Chain tensioner looks nice and stout and I like the KISS aspect.
    Thanks! its dead simple and keeps everything tensioned.

Quote Originally Posted by K-fab View Post
    Can I borrow the Kubota in the background? I miss playing in the Mini-X and Bobcat (about the only thing I miss from Ohio).
    Sorry, no can do. Its got a laundry list of things to do for weed abatement and clearing brush. It's very useful

This might be a crazy idea, but I would give it a try if it were mine. Rev it till it starts to do the rev limiter thing, then squirt a little extra fuel in the carb. if it revs higher, then you know it's a fuel issue. Hell you might just have a piece of junk stuck in a jet?

I keep an old ronsol lighter fluid bottle for squirting small amounts of gas in carbs. Zippo used to have a metal fuel can that would work too.
    I've got a box full of carburetors. I'm going to throw a flat slide carb on it tomorrow.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by 707offroad View Post
    I've got a box full of carburetors. I'm going to throw a flat slide carb on it tomorrow.
    Can't imagine they put the wrong carb on it from the factory, I thinks it's more likely just a piece of junk in the jet. I guess if you have one the same size it couldn't hurt, but it will be a crap shoot for the jet size.

7. Collapse Details
    I've never used the carb that came with it. It's got a Keihin PE28 copy NIBBI 28mm on it right now.

8. Collapse Details
    I had put a big bore kit on it before ever running it

9. Collapse Details
    AHH OK! I feel like you may have mentioned this before, but I forgot..I'll shut up now..lol

10. Collapse Details
    AHH OK! I feel like you may have mentioned this before, but I forgot..I'll shut up now..lol
    LOL. I swapped out the carb to a flat slide and it ran great for about a half hour. I didn't let it break in and just went full throttle and messed up the engine. It lost a bunch of power, makes a lot of slapping/ticking sound and smokes a little bit. I pulled the engine and checked the valve adjustment and it seems fine. I'm going to tear down the top end tonight.

It was fun while it lasted. The front end got a nice muddy grass beard

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast