Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: R1 Single Seat Mini Build!
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Acts the same way the Mini-Raptor does. Fires right up, might idle a few seconds the cuts out. I believe my issue is fuel pressure regulation, as my gauge is only reading 25 psi, while it’s supposed to be 60-65.

Since you’re using OEM equipment I’d tend to count this out but? Any chance there’s crud or something that’s blocking the fuel system? Can you pull the return line, stick the end in a catch can and check flow on the return? Might give incite as to if that’s the issue.

By chance have you left anything in the intake or exhaust? As quickly as it dies after firing up mimics my experience.

No codes?
    Tip over sensor disabled?
    Clutch and side stand switches correctly setup? I would believe you’d get no spark if not.

2. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Arrrggghhh... MBN and my iPad are not playing nicely. Your response to your post didn't show up until after I posted a reply.

Leave the post up - may help someone who has similar issues. Always good to have trouble shooting comments and suggestions in build. Sometimes it's the little things we overlook.

Glad to hear you got it up and running. How about a video of a longer engine run?

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks Kfab for the in-site. All the tips you mentioned above are great things to check, I did a search online and you basically summarized all the information I had found.

Yes, it was just something I had over looked and it caught me but now the engine is running awesome, I will post up a video right away once I get a new URL.

I have reposted the video of the issue I was having earlier, I will leave it up for anyone who experiences the same issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Collapse Details
    R1 Single Seat Mini Build!
    First Engine Startup! If you open the video in YouTube you can slightly increase the quality.

https://youtu.be/Z9CRb57NLgk

5. Collapse Details
    I had to extend a few wires (fuel pump, grounds, neutral switch, oil level) as a result of moving the wire harness in front of the engine rather than have it wrap around the back.

Got the gas tank mounted and fixed all the little leaking pin holes. I think this tank will be temporary till I get an aluminum tank built. Works good to get the buggy up and running.

Started working on shock placement. I want to get the suspension mounted and steering set up so I can have a roller!! I am looking for a bit of input on rear shock placement. I have the shock set up on the A-Arm so that the shock is perpendicular to the arm at full bump, and allows enough shock travel to get close to my full droop (wheel travel distance). I know spring rates and valving and such come into play and this is the grey area for me. Would there be a better location on the a arm to mount the shock when considering spring rate and valving ?

6. Collapse Details
    To help you out on the suspension question above.
    First, I would install your cv joints and axles. This will determine your full droop of the rear end. This will be the biggest limiting factor. Once this is established, go to full bump. I would suggest a minimum of 4" of chassis to ground clearance. Once these two parameters are established you now can fill in the blank so to speak on shock location. 1.5:1 or 2:1 is the ratio that I can see for this build which will aid in shock tuning later.

Do you have springs yet or at least a known set of springs to get a baseline? Below is a link to help you in regards to selecting a spring rate.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLhqHPILqn0&t=702s
    Nowhere near the desert.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Deranged View Post
    To help you out on the suspension question above.
    First, I would install your cv joints and axles. This will determine your full droop of the rear end. This will be the biggest limiting factor. Once this is established, go to full bump. I would suggest a minimum of 4" of chassis to ground clearance. Once these two parameters are established you now can fill in the blank so to speak on shock location. 1.5:1 or 2:1 is the ratio that I can see for this build which will aid in shock tuning later.

Do you have springs yet or at least a known set of springs to get a baseline? Below is a link to help you in regards to selecting a spring rate.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLhqHPILqn0&t=702s
    Thank you for the help, greatly appreciated!

The way I have it set up I should have 18 of clearance at full droop, 14 at ride height and 4 at bump.

The CVs I have, had quite a bit of articulation and I think so the amount of travel I have, will be well within the limit of the CV. What I used to determine my limit for droop was wheel scrub. If I allow the suspension to droop more, I will have tons of wheel scrub due to no camber gain in my suspension. The way I have it set up, it s around 0.5 to 1 of scrub depending where its measure in the cycle. That being said, my a arms also make slight contact with my wheels if I droop too much.

If you dont mind, could you expand on your point about suspension ratio ? (1.5:1 and 2:1)

I am going to study the video you have attached. Thanks again

8. Collapse Details
    I'm curious, what sort of camber and toe to you have at full bump and full droop?

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by 67StingrayJ View Post
    I'm curious, what sort of camber and toe to you have at full bump and full droop?
    Camber and toe will be constant through the travel of the suspension because all the pivot points are in line. I am aiming for 0 degrees of camber through the travel. The reason for this is to avoid the use of plunging CV joints. My cv axles will slide on the splines slightly if needed to compensate for any imperfections in the suspension.

Toe should be set to zero or slightly inward (if thats the correct direction) for stability. But will also remain constant through travel. It can be adjusted with the heim joints at the uprights.

Any input would be accepted however!

10. Collapse Details
    I forgot to press enter last week on my reply for the motion ratio...DOH! So motion ratio is the ratio between wheel travel and shock shaft travel. If your wheel moves 2" and your shock shaft moves 1" that is a 2:1 ratio. From my research and experience, shoot for 1.5:1. Makes shock tuning a little easier and spring rates a little more forgiving.

Justin
    Nowhere near the desert.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast