Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: something different
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullnerd View Post
    Cool stuff.

Whats your location?

looks like the 3 wheelers just get in the way.
    I'm from Barcelona, Spain. Sorry for my english

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by orengoracing View Post
    Yes! i used to have a belly pan but was to heavy i have to do it with some kind of plastic now.
    On a gravity powered racer, more weight would be better, especially down low where it won't effect the handling as much. Is there a weight limit for your racing class?

With the tires you are running, I would run more camber for better cornering.

Milliken camber car.

3. Collapse Details
    Double post

4. Collapse Details
    Triple post

5. Collapse Details
    Not worried about the English, just wondering where that big mountain is?
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bdkw1 View Post
    On a gravity powered racer, more weight would be better, especially down low where it won't effect the handling as much. Is there a weight limit for your racing class?

With the tires you are running, I would run more camber for better cornering.

Milliken camber car.

the weight limit is 210kg without driver. Yes with this round tires i can run lots of camber, and my suspension is regulable so in very flat tracks y run near 0 camber because the friction generated stops me considerably, but in fast tracks with lots of corners i run with a lot of camber.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullnerd View Post
    Not worried about the English, just wondering where that big mountain is?
    This mountain is in a town called sant hilari sacalm, but is not that big, and the track is flatter than it seems but it's very long (about 6km).

8. Collapse Details
    For a gravity powered race you absolutely want to maximize the weight of the car.
    Next you want to minimize all of the drag forces.
    You have aerodynamic drag, tire rolling resistance and any other rolling friction.
    Lets set aside aerodrag for the moment.
    Rolling resistance. Do you have to run 4 wheels? 3 wheels, with one in the rear would reduce rolling losses by 25%. Narrow tires with high pressure will help also.
    Controlling the camber curve is done to maximize the grip the tire has in the corner. Are you really at the limit of adhesion on your tires? Seems like a rounded tire to minimize contact patch changes with camber or roll would be good enough. Bicycles can generate a lot of grip with a really small contact patch.
    Wheel bearings should use shields not seals. Using oil in the bearings instead of grease might give a small benefit if the race is short enough.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggy Builder View Post
    For a gravity powered race you absolutely want to maximize the weight of the car.
    Next you want to minimize all of the drag forces.
    You have aerodynamic drag, tire rolling resistance and any other rolling friction.
    Lets set aside aerodrag for the moment.
    Rolling resistance. Do you have to run 4 wheels? 3 wheels, with one in the rear would reduce rolling losses by 25%. Narrow tires with high pressure will help also.
    Controlling the camber curve is done to maximize the grip the tire has in the corner. Are you really at the limit of adhesion on your tires? Seems like a rounded tire to minimize contact patch changes with camber or roll would be good enough. Bicycles can generate a lot of grip with a really small contact patch.
    Wheel bearings should use shields not seals. Using oil in the bearings instead of grease might give a small benefit if the race is short enough.
    Hi!

That's true. I compete in 4 wheel category so i must have 4 wheels, it could seam contradictory but the fastest of the 4-wheelers is faster than any 3 wheels, i will post some photos.
    All of the Gravity racers run with extremely high pressures over 70 psi, and yes, more pressure and you car is noticeably faster. It's a good trick.

Well some corners are very tricky and the car wants to drift badly, more traction will be appreciated.

Thank you for all of your tips!

10. Collapse Details
    i started another post for suspension discussion: https://www.minibuggy.net/forum/suspe...-redesign.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast