Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Mak's next buggy.
    A little progress but not a lot of time to sit here and explain in detail...hopefully the pictures will be explanatory enough

2. Collapse Details
    I feel as though I've made a lot of progress over the last week. I got the motor fully mounted and I think I'm 90% done with stuff I have to "make" to get it to work. Sprockets, jackshaft, and chains are in place. Shifter's setup...however I'm going to have to tweak the Roketa setup a bit because it won't let me into 5th gear...I'll cross that bridge when I start needing 5th gear lol.

EXUP valve and actuator in place...

Hydraulic to cable clutch solution. I "think" this will work but not 100% sure yet...I may have to make a longer arm and move the cable to the outside...if it's pulling enough to actually disengage it is just barely doing it. I think. It's really hard to say right now, I'll know more when I get it running.

Electronics box...these things are $25 at Lowe's and perfect for this kind of thing. I used one with my VFR buggy, too. There's a little more room left over in this one. I don't know if heat will be an issue the components, I may end up adding a case fan and some vents to cycle the air.

The significant remainders are:

1. Fuel tank. I'm deciding between trying to use my 11 gallon tank from before the swap or the CBR tank. The CBR tank means I'll have to climb on top of the buggy to fuel it up and I'm outgrowing that idea. The 11 gallon tank, though, is HUGE and I just don't know where to put it.

2. Battery location. the stock location got the chop to make room for a tranny mount. I've got plenty of room under the motor. New battery has been ordered...I'll find a place for it as soon as that gets in.

3. Radiator location. This will either be between the rear seats or behind the motor. I'd prefer behind the motor due to noise, but it kind of depends on how the fuel tank is resolved.

4. Extending the control harness to the driver's seat (after test running the setup).

3. Collapse Details
    I'd go with the rear rad position to. I always stress with mine a hose will burst and make my skin fall off.
    All dressed up and waiting for the beer to arrive.

4. Collapse Details
    My kids are always the ones in the back so thanks for adding that thought to my imagination lol. So i guess i need to buy or fabricate a smaller fuel cell that’ll tuck underneath the engine so i can plant the radiator in the back.

5. Collapse Details
    Great choice on the 954 engine btw. I turboed one in a quad years ago. Tons of power and reliable. If I didn't have an r1 and rc51 engine already I would definitely put a 954 in my buggy next.

6. Collapse Details
    My first choice would have been a Suzuki lump...particularly the TL1000R or TL1000S. Maybe a GSXR1000. These are the bikes I've owned and loved. But got the 954 setup for a song...hoping it turns out to be as good a setup as the VFR was in the last buggy.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11