Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Single seat buggy project
    I reprinted the parts on my 300$ printer and what a difference in quality haha so much better i'll post pics soon. So I got the buggy running again after hacking the exhaust up a bit and finish pumping the radiator now my list to get the buggy moving is getting much smaller!

2. Collapse Details
    Everything is wired up for the most part but now i'm looking for some help from you guys. Could you post some pictures of your pedal assemblies and cables? Generally i know what needs to be done but I'm looking to confirm from othersThanks in advance!

3. Collapse Details
    Getting all the cabling figured out right now and ordering parts. Ordered an oil cooler and changing all fluids right now. Buggy fires right up and is incredibly loud for now till i get the exhaust figured out.

Slowly but surely we're getting there.

We had an old vw shifter sitting around so I decided to make a shifter for the buggy. This will work much better than what was in the buggy prior

4. Collapse Details
    when you say cabling, do you mean throttle and clutch cables or wiring?
    I use a CNC brand floor mount gas peddle with the cable on the floor attaching to the right side of the peddle, I think the part it is attached to is designed to keep your foot from slipping off the right side of the peddle, cable is attached with a small hiem joint, there is a short piece of all thread with a hole through it on the cable which holds the ball into the hiem, hope this makes some sense to you.
    For the clutch, I use a CNC master cylinder peddle assembly, I don't recall the size, small dia is all that is needed, also have a stop on the peddle in order to prevent breaking the cover holding the slave cylinder, hayabusa motor, -3an adaptor on the slave and a hard line going most of the way with a length of flex line finishing it off.

Wire harness, I used the stock, modified, removing unused sensors and I extended the wires going to the cluster.

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks Kuma I was talking about throttle and clutch and after spending some time in the garage last night I came to the exact same conclusion as what you described so now I just need to order the parts this week.

Need to space it just a little further out but overall will work well

I'm having tons of issues trying to figure out the plumbing on this engine. I've read forums. I've read the manual and i'm just blanking. I'll put coolant in and i have my inlet and outlet figured out but they use this cooler below. (I thought this was the oil cooler but when i was reading about it apperently the coolant circulates around it??? I'm hoping you guys can help. Buggy fires right up and once coolant is done we're getting very close to driving it

Also on the radatior I have inlet/outlet and two other holes on the bottom (Civic radiator) and at first i thought it was for a oil cooler i've come to realize that its for coolant (maybe heat?) Can i just plug the holes? maybe a hose from one to another?

6. Collapse Details
    Your right it is an oil cooler and coolant runs through it, on the bike the rad would have inlet and outlet nipples for it or just an out let, some have the inlet as part of a seperate thermostat housing, I would recommend using the bike rad if you have. On the civic rad the holes on the bottom are part of the oil cooler but the Trans would circ. oil through it, don't help your situation

7. Collapse Details
    Sadly I'm unable to use the bikes cooler. So i guess at this point if i could t in the coolant line from the oil cooler would i go to the hot or cold side of the radiator (top or bottom)

8. Collapse Details
    Top nipple on cooler to hot side, bottom to the cool side of rad.

9. Collapse Details
    Yes i understand that, what i was getting at was which side would i T the line coming from the oil cooler? I would assume cool side since its designed to keep oil temps lower. Sorry for the confusion

10. Collapse Details
    I'm guessing you have one line unaccounted for, the bottom line on the oil cooler? In that case that is the return and that line would t into the cold return from the rad

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast