Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Single seat buggy project
    looks maybe like it was a unit from this company, which may have been produced before it looks like the company might have been sold (website date is 2013) Nothing a call to them can't shed more light on ... Company logo is the same.
    Tuff Torq | Products

2. Collapse Details
    That looks like the same style/design Chinese reverse box that comes in the CV driven Roketas and other Chinese, scooter engine powered, buggies. I think they are rated for an 18hp 250cc scooter engine. An R1 should turn that into recyclable metal in short order.
    Over complicating mini buggies since 2005

Certified lazy fabricating laser junkie

K-Fab Says: Don't ride with me - I flip stuff like RZRs and myself over the bars...

3. Collapse Details
    The death trap that you were referring to, was that posted on the silver lake for sale page on Facebook? I think I remember seeing something like that and thinking, "OH MY GOD, who would ride that." LOL

Justin
    Nowhere near the desert.

4. Collapse Details
    haha no I bought this one in madison WI but i know the buggy your talking about and yes it was similar. I was going to call tuff torq this week if I get out of work soon to try and figure it out but ya flyeridder I figured it came out of some smaller quad and assumed the R1 would destroy it.

5. Collapse Details
    Hey everyone its been quite some time since I've posted so I figured I would make an update on where the buggy sits.

I've moved back from WI and now I'm working full time in the Detroit, MI area so the buggy is currently painted and all put back together minus the engine and supporting parts and sitting up north in my garage.

I was able to sort out the mess of wiring (enough to get it to run, next I will be sorting out lights and turn signals) and I was able to get it to run and idle so in the next 2 weeks I will be finishing up the engine ie. fluid changes, cleaning, wiring and take it off the bird poop welded go cart it was in and get it ready to send out.
    On that note, Since I don't currently have access to any welders or saws or anything at home I have opted to pay a shop to mount the engine, radiator, battery and get it driving and possibly body panels for around the "cockpit".
    So my question for today, what would be a good shop to go and have these things done? what should I expect to pay? I'm not afraid of paying more or driving it further to a shop that will have everything done correctly and in time for the dunes next season.

Thanks in advance!

6. Collapse Details
    Well once again it has been awhile... The engine is in! 2002 R1 and a radiator from a honda civic. We're getting ready to do the Detroit gambler 500 right now with our meyer manx style buggy then focus back on the single seater to finish up plumbing and electrical and hopefully make a test drive in the next month or so. I'll post some pictures of the gambler and hopefully our car in it if all goes well this week with prep

I picked up a used header for 30$ shipped so i'll be making some sort of exhaust. I'm thinking a collector and muffler from schoenfeld. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Also since r1 clusters are expensive and ugly i'll be running a trail tech vapor for temps, rpms and what not. Once again if anyone has other suggestions for gauges on a budget i'm all ears

And since photobucket decided to be super lame i'm going to post the pictures here again so everyone is familiar with the buggy

7. Collapse Details
    Photo@@@@it.

Ps that's the second time I've heard about this vapor gauge thing?
    All dressed up and waiting for the beer to arrive.

8. Collapse Details
    Nice Manx!
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

9. Collapse Details
    Pissing my self laughing at that trailer shot.

My mate Jono ask if my buggy will fit on my trailer? Measure. Doh! Lol

Wheel base is good though.

Glad you updated the thread.
    All dressed up and waiting for the beer to arrive.

10. Collapse Details
    Ya the one trailer was was to small then I bought a larger trailer off of the measurements for the manx.....to skinny for the single seater I'm thinking the easiest way for me to fix this issue would be to get different offset rims. It looks like I have plenty of room towards the inside before suspension becomes an issue, 2 inches on both sides would allow me to fit nicely

Ya the vapors work pretty well for 130$ the RPM can be a little jumpy but since i'm used to thumper bikes i might tend to be in lower RPM range anyways (At least for now)

The gambler is this Saturday so all focus is on the manx now. Trying to get the original roof mounted, wheel bearings, adjusting brakes and of course tuning the carb. I was able to run a great little transformer that cost 20$ it goes from 6v to 12v and is capable of 10amps. Thats enough for 2 pillar pods and led brake lights.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast