Page 263 of 264 FirstFirst ... 13 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 2632
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: The Mini-Raptor, K-fab Style
    yeah hahahaha looks like fun, I thought she was road legal and registered, or you still need a bucket when driving??
    Ride it like you Stole IT!!!

2. Collapse Details
    I must admit I was waiting for a Police chase video that never came but I do remember it getting it's paperwork done a few pages back?

Or is it the drive not the car that's "Of interest".
    All dressed up and waiting for the beer to arrive.

3. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    Blog Entries
    Was that a little drifting near the end?

4. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
    3:14 was a fair thump. You little ripper!
    There are a couple front end bottomings heard during the run.
    It’s the left front tyrah just rubbing the seam where the hood meets the fender. Nothing a quick touch from an 80 grit sander can’t fix - remove the black witness marks left by the BFG.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoc View Post
    yeah hahahaha looks like fun, I thought she was road legal and registered, or you still need a bucket when driving??
    She’s registered and street legal.
    I’ve bonked me brain really hard a few times. There’s not a lot of (or enough) headroom so anytime I get happy on the fun pedal, I want a brain bucket in place.
    Ironically, the helmet I’m wearing is the one I was wearing in April of 2021 when I ko’d myself with that two stroke beastie and broke a bunch of shit, including the left rear of the helmet.
    Worst head hit I’ve ever had - concussions are no joke (took 9 months before I was as over it as I’m gonna get).

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
    I must admit I was waiting for a Police chase video that never came but I do remember it getting it's paperwork done a few pages back?

Or is it the drive not the car that's "Of interest".
    LOL! Yeah, I was too.
    Definitely not the vehicle. It gets a lot of looks because it’s unique but nothing that would make the cops come after me (as long as I’m being good).
    I always find it comical to see a pack of (usually rental) quads driving down the street. Only in Arizona! Any other state and you’d be in cuffs.

The power line road is probably suspect…. I see little white signage (1:46) stating something about no motorized vehicles allowed but I’m usually going by them too fast to fully read just what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by LIDUNO View Post
    Was that a little drifting near the end?
    Off throttle induced oversteer followed with a stab of the skinny pedal to get the chassis rotated back to the correct direction.

Only (slightly) sketchy moment is at 3:10.
    I’m not familiar enough with this trail and ended up bottoming out the chassis after getting it light over a rise then slamming the face of another rise that followed.

If it had more rebound damping it would have stayed planted and not bounced, which sort of drifted me towards that big rock. All I know is my focus went from the strip of dirt that I’ve been running down to looking at a large rock thinking “That could be ugly!” Wasn’t enough to get my heart rate up but was enough to get my full attention.

I need to vacuum bleed the cooling system again. There’s a bubble that keeps getting trapped just where the hot coolant leaves the head. Temps will fluctuate between 235F/112C and 165F/74C as the hot surge gets to the thermostat until the whole system gets to temp. Then it stays a fairly constant 175F/79C to 195F/90C which is normal operating range for the engine.

It’s running rich from mid revs up when I floor it. Looks like my Power Commander is applying the mapping I dropped in. I have a tune on the fly button that activates a learning mode and did notice the rich burble was getting less & less as it learned.

It’s twitchy on center on pavement. I need to check toe. It acts like there’s too much toe out.
    Really darty and has a really loose feeling steering about 5 degrees to either side off center.
    Requires two handed steering and a constant paying of attention.

Bike is serviced (I’m now a bib Moussekatier - no mo flats), the kaleidoscope I’m working on is 75% done, I’ll knock out two more and then my focus will go back to the MR. It needs to be finished and yesterday’s little rip was what I needed to put the fire back under my ass.
    Sand is for fast cars
    Dirt is for fast drivers

Yellow Dog Racing

5. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    Blog Entries
    Drifting around in the dirt or on wet grass is where I enjoyed my fl350 the most.

6. Collapse Details
    My little rip on Thursday got to me. Time to take 'er out. Too hot to go out on a bike but the desert's been calling me and so has the Mini-Raptor.

Spent about an hour out in the desert trying to flog on it.

Took it to the staging area in my van (instead of 25 miles of round trip on the road) and ventured forth from there. I figured that the farthest I'd have to walk back would be three, maybe four miles tops if shit went bad. I went prepared - full camel back, shoes, light shirt. Yeah, I'll be fine if it strands me.

Got some pretty funny looks from a couple of Rental Canned Hams. (:

Front end feels really good. It goes exactly where pointed and the feedback is just right. Shocks actually feel pretty close up front too. I'm really pleased with just how well it was working. I can hit stuff in the Mini that would knock teeth loose in the Gayzer.

Rear end is a different beast. It's bouncing and packing really badly. I kept loosening up everything and was starting to see improvements. I started with everything 1/2 turn of the adjusters open from fully closed so I expected it to be harsh but man was I surprised at just how harsh.

The engine was acting funny today. I noticed on Thursday that the mapping seemed rich - it burbles and hesitated to clean out (almost two stroke like) before coming on song. Today I couldn't get it to rev out at all. Top speed was 42 mph/68 kph in an area that I should have been running closer to 75-80 mph/120-130 kph. No doubt in my mind that the chassis can handle it.

Really bummed that I forgot to put the video card in the camera. Realized it on the drive home thinking about editing the short videos into one longer one. DOH! There it sits in the SD slot of my computer when I walk into my shop. It's in the camera now. Idiot...

I did get a Relive route recorded though (proof this event actually happened).

https://www.relive.cc/view/vrqo3GNX4Kq
    Last edited by K-fab; 10-01-2022 at 07:22 PM.
    Sand is for fast cars
    Dirt is for fast drivers

Yellow Dog Racing

7. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    Blog Entries
    What an awesome place to ride. South Florida is so built up now, there's hardly anywhere to ride any more. The good spots can get you arrested..lol

8. Collapse Details
    What an awesome build!! Great fabrication work!!
    I'm building my personal Badland's ST2 Long Travel

9. Collapse Details
    How's that dash going K ??, hahahahaha
    Ride it like you Stole IT!!!

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoc View Post
    How's that dash going K ??, hahahahaha
    It’s beginning to taunt me again…
    Melbourne, eh?
    I’m in Buninyong presently. We did a loop through Halls Gap over the weekend, dropped down to the Great Coastal Highway and worked up to Geelong.
    Beautiful scenery.
    Just returned to TALON’s abode about an hr ago.
    After 43 years of muscle memory installed, driving here (with a manual 6 speed) is a challenge at times. Wife says “tight left, wide right” for me at intersections and has done a fine job of keeping me out of the bike lanes.
    Sand is for fast cars
    Dirt is for fast drivers

Yellow Dog Racing

Page 263 of 264 FirstFirst ... 13 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 LastLast