Page 198 of 199 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 1990
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: The Mini-Raptor, K-fab Style
    Welding looks awesome! Nice and clean from the start.

Ps

Mmmmm Milla.
    All dressed up and waiting for the beer to arrive.

2. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Ahahahaha!
    Indeed, mmmmm, Mila.

3. Collapse Details
    Had someone on the FB page ask how many sticks of filler rod were used in welding up the chassis. Thus far 43.

Dimple clearance in the panel for the sealing cap on the master cylinder's input shaft. The side in the first pic looks distorted because of the plastic stuff on the aluminum sheeting that's pulled loose during the dimple pressing.

Old school CAD - Cardboard Aided Design.

The panel is now about 75% finished in aluminum.

4. Collapse Details
    Actually, you used 0 sticks of filler. There are still 43 stubs left! Haha

I remember the days when guys used to tig the stubs together to make a rod. Talk about desperate....

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by plkracer View Post
    I remember the days when guys used to tig the stubs together to make a rod. Talk about desperate....
    That's not desperate, it's just not wasteful. I dab the stub in the puddle and stick the next rod to it and keep going. I'm happy when I have zero stubs laying around.

6. Collapse Details
    Panel darn near snaps in place. The center piece is still the original that's getting changed out.

Here's another shot with the new center in place (see the Dzus tabs?)

Decided to move all the electronics off of the fire wall so I can remove them if need be w/o dealing with wires. Made a little sub panel that now does the job.

Inside cabin shot:

First time test fitting the Knine Racing axle up in front. It fits PERFECTLY. Put the suspension on to start getting an idea of where my limit straps will be located. Originally I was going to mount them to the upper frame tube that runs through the top of the fire wall. Of course this won't work - master cylinder is right in the middle of the line between the two points. Crap. So I'll make a mount that uses the back, upper a-arm mounting bolts.

Drooped to full shock extension (actually outside design parameters) the spindle toes out a bunch and the camber goes way up.

Move it up about an inch to the designed full droop and the toe and camber go right back to where they're supposed to be.

Because of my mid build design change (last year?) on the rear links there are binding issues. Everything was originally designed around using heims on the ends of the transverse links. No clearance issues what so ever. I had to go and get all fancy and machine out billet transverse links instead and caused all sorts of headaches.

So I sat there with a grinder and started cycling and grinding. I'm pleased to say that the suspension droops fully out to full shock extension and I'll be using limit straps to pull out about an inch or so of final droop. No binding, no issues (I hope) now.

Rear quarter view of the suspension in bound droop. Doesn't give a very good point of view as to how far off the ground the rear carrier is hanging.

Here you can see that there's about five or so inches between the floor and the rear of the trailing arm. The shock has about three inches of preload in it.

Final product - all the links can move freely and the shock is fully extended. There's an inch of clearance between the floor and arm now. Gonna have to do the same to the other side (it's already been massaged a bit but I'm pretty sure there's more to be had.)

7. Collapse Details
    Looks awesome dude!
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

8. Collapse Details
    That thing looks amazing! +1

9. Collapse Details
    Awesome to see that front suspension assembled. Nice advertising for Beni too!

10. Collapse Details
    Rear firewall installed.

I keep going between the front and rear now that I'm running all the plumbing and drive line stuff.

So I get to the front where the coolant lines run through the firewall and start doing the plumbing there. All is good, all is fitting, all is there, uh...

Okay, everything came off the MR and was put on the table in order, where are the lower two 45 degree tubes???? These are the same tubes that were lost in Customs last year (egad, it's been that long!) WHERE ARE MY F&*#$$# TUBES???See - everything in an orderly pile!

And come to think about it, where is my 1/4" drive floppy wrench? It appears that the injectors, my tubes, wrench and appendix are on the lam.
    First thing I did was look for my 10 mm sockets - all accounted for, no wrench. Damn

So I started back tracking and looking and hunting and realized I'd tossed the tubes into spare tube box that I'd put away. Bingo, two tubes, sitting there staring at me in it. Like the injectors, I grabbed them and immediately started putting them in place.

Also, after opening and closing the drawer that has the crescent wrenches in it half a dozen times I actually look in it and there's my floppy drive hanging out with a lowly 8mm socket - guess it didn't want the rest of the wrenches knowing what it was up to.

Injectors and appendix are still missing.

Anyhow...This reassembly will lead up to the test runs. Everything gets put in place, made sure it's working and hopefully I'll have a running (but not finished) Mini-Raptor by the end of the year.

Knine Racing custom 300M XP 1000 axles going in place

Fully assembled front end.

Had a discussion with Ben from Knine today. He's coming to Phoenix in January to do some custom X3 Mini-Raptor work for a client. We decided we'd get together and I'm gonna take him out in the desert and show him some of the local beauty. Timing should be just about right - looks like Ben gets to go on the maiden voyage if all works out. Pretty cool if it does.

Page 198 of 199 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 LastLast