Page 158 of 158 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158
Results 1,571 to 1,576 of 1576
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: The Mini-Raptor, K-fab Style
    Quote Originally Posted by K-fab View Post
    The year before Samurai! and three before the Honda powered project.

^^^^^^ True statement.^^^^^^^^^^^

2. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    ROFLMAO!!! I've done a bunch of that today.

Throttle pedal is done, complete, finito. I actually had a cable (think it may have been a Briggs or original Deztaz) and it works. It's about six inches too long, so I'll go get one made that's correct but at least I was able to get the throttle done.

Then spent the rest of the day fitting stuff and figuring out where things are going. I have to run two coolant lines down the center. Easiest (maybe) way would be use the two center tubes. Block them off on the ends, install fittings and there you have it. BUT to block them off I'd have to cut them in two at the ends and then weld in a round plate that would seal everything. Not really liking the idea of cutting and welding the tube x 4...

I'm thinking an aluminum tube down each side of the center stuff and then wrap them with insulation and hide them under the center console. It makes the console wider at the bottom but it gives me room. Dunno...

So I pulled out some of the other things that have to get installed and worked on them. Got the coolant and oil res's mounted by the end of the day.

Of course the coolant res's mount has nut pockets!

Mounted:

Yamaha's OEM oil tank. It has baffles and such in it so I want to keep it - did this with the Briggs. This one's gonna get powder coated, though. I'll probably have to move the fittings around - or get creative. This silly vehicle's already over the top so I'll do stainless lines with AN fittings on everything I can. I can probably weld them onto the can (or get someone that can actually do detailed aluminum TIG welding to do it for me... Hey Jay!).

I've gotta get my coolant system plumbing figured out...

3. Collapse Details
    That shock looks way shorter than I remember!
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

4. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Spent the better part of the day playing with tubing and trying to figure out where to put stuff.

Fortunately I realized that I'd put the oil tank right in the middle of the sway bar mount before I got too far. The bar was only tacked in so...

Now the tank is on the other side, above the sway bar and there's room for the reservoir for the supercharger next to it. Plumbing is partially responsible for placement too.

I have a dilemma: Where do I put the supercharger's radiator? I don't think I want to fight with getting it up front. It's about 5x11 and it would be easy enough to put a fan on it. With a fan, will that keep it cool enough? I'm just not sure where to put it.

Thoughts anyone? Getting it up into airflow is going to be an issue...

Maybe I can do like I did on the Briggs - radiator on the down tube, scoop to bring air over it. Yeah, that may work. - figured this out as I sit here typing...

5. Collapse Details
    Protodie Master and Vendor ProtoDie's Avatar
    Looking good
    My $.02, a good cfm fan and shroud moves way more air than driving with direct air flow without a fan.
    just leave a few inches of space around it so you do not have to deal with radiant heat

years back with racing we had radiators up high for air flow,,,, but eating roost and racing would pack the radiators,,,, so we added screens and stuff to protect,,,, blah blah blah
    they would still catch debris.
    we moved them behind the rear fire wall and all good.
    Until,,,,, I ran mine on the road course then it would start almost getting hot.
    I had it 3" behind the firewall and sucking from the front to back.
    so I angled it back until I had 5" at the top and reversed the fan to pull from the back to the front.
    The radiant heat from the Rad to the fire wall was the problem,,, it was sucking hot radiant air from the firewall thru the rad
    the fan pulling from back to front solved it and cooled the fire wall too

6. Collapse Details
    I agree completely, a moderately small rad with a fully shrouded puller fan should be all you need.

Page 158 of 158 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158