Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    "Some make things themselves, some have to have things made for them, lol"...
    CBR954rr MiniLite 2 seater garage build by NoClue

Ok, wasn't sure whether to start this, cause then I'd have to keep up with it...but here's another MiniLite build...building this in 1/4 of a 2 car garage, meaning I don't have much space...no shop and no mancave, LOL.

Ordered this frame/suspension from Tut at the start of the year, and I picked it up a few months ago.

Some Tut praise 'cause he deserves it: I had a few online conversations with Tut - cool dude, friendly guy, and after meeting with him, checking out one of the 2 seater frames he was working on, and checking out and getting to sit in his finished orange single seater Minilite, I was very impressed, and gave him a deposit and got in line for him to build me a 2 seat MiniLite Race frame, with a DOM suspension package. I've experienced nothing but great communication with all kinds of questions answered, even the stupid ones I asked, all the way until the building of my frame started, then also during and even more so as my pick up date approached. Just an all around cool dude who builds rad (yeah, I just used 'rad') frames with cool suspension, and offers all sorts of information.

I have my own basic fab tools like a bender, notcher, MIG welder etc ("My dad's a TV Repairman and he's got a killer set of tools", lol...sorry for the Fast times at Ridgemont High reference), but I couldn't have done close to half of a better job than what Tut has built for me, and it would've probably cost me twice as much, having to redo all my mistakes (I tend to make a lot). Also, Tut has figured out all the measurements and geometry of the frame and the suspension, something I don't think I'd like to trust myself doing.

The motor I have is a 2003 CBR954rr, fed by a Walbro Fuel pump, and regulated by a cheap ebay JDM Fuel Pressure Regulator. It also has a Honda Civic "racing" radiator and fan, with a shroud and mounting bushings from RickS. I scored on the motor early on and have got it cleaned up and running, since I was waiting for the frame to be built. Hopefully the clutch and tranny are good, so I wont have to mess with the motor.

I also got an adjustable mount spool from Protodie, as well as the steering rack that Tut recommends from Kartek, and a pair of FOA coil overs for the front.

So, enough of all these words, as Pictures are worth so much more:

just picked up and on the way home

Flipped on it's lid for welding (hopefully the only time it's like this)

Shoved into it's corner of the garage

Seats mounted and shifter I made with 'extra' seat mounts

Steering wheel mounted

My kids 'testing' things out, making motor noises

Engine sitting in place, seeing what kind of room I have

Spool sitting in place

Again, hopefully I can keep up with any updates...I'm currently trying to finish up connecting the steering wheel to the rack, but I'm thinking I may have to wait until I get my pedals and brake master cylinders mounted to see how much space I have.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: "Some make things themselves, some have to have things made for them, lol"...
    Awesome bro

3. Collapse Details
    Re: "Some make things themselves, some have to have things made for them, lol"...
    So jealous as I too am on the waiting list for a two seater from tut. Would have to agree he has been great to deal with and like you have said even the stupid questions get answers and he is willing to help and not make you feel like a idiot.
    I too am also looking at the foa shocks hope they work great for you. Was there a reson you chose the protodie spool that you did over the spool with the blocks. Like on tuts? I have been looking at both just not sure which would be better. Looking forward to following your build

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrae View Post
    So jealous as I too am on the waiting list for a two seater from tut. Would have to agree he has been great to deal with and like you have said even the stupid questions get answers and he is willing to help and not make you feel like a idiot.
    I too am also looking at the foa shocks hope they work great for you. Was there a reson you chose the protodie spool that you did over the spool with the blocks. Like on tuts? I have been looking at both just not sure which would be better. Looking forward to following your build
    Yeah, waited 5 months for mine, but well worth it. Actually worked out perfectly, as I had some time to research parts, and actually was able to buy some of the bigger more important parts. Finding out I can't proceed mounting one part because I don't know where another part will exactly be slows down any progress.

On the spool, it was all due to adjustability of chain tension. I'm just trying to figure out how to mount this bad boy.

5. Collapse Details
    Awesome,love Tuts frames.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

6. Collapse Details
    He does know what he is doing and he race tests. I really like his race reports.

7. Collapse Details
    Hate to see you have to be the guinea pig but very interested in how you weld it in and mount it please post more pics of it when it's mounted..

8. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Congrats on your start ,Cool to see a new build with out a poll at the top of the tread.LOL .I am lookin forward to reading about yer build.. I like Tuts minilights very well built
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

9. Collapse Details
    Heck yeah!! Looks awesome!! Thanks for posting pictures, so cool to see a minilite taking shape

10. Collapse Details
    Looks good. Guess I have to start a thread now too. Maybe we can get our own "MiniLites" section.

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast