Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    ZukiBUSA - Suzuki Jeep Based Body with HAYABUSA Engine
    Zukibusa
    Wink
    Hi to all members.,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Daniel from Jakarta, Indonesia, and I have been in the Off-Road Racing Sport in Indonesia as Offroad Racer for the last 10 years, and currently my passion is building TUBULAR Off-Road Race Car.

I will post from time to time about some of the car that I have built all of this time.

As for this post., I would like to joing the forum because I am building the "FIRST In Indonesia" Light-Weight Tubular Buggy with Suzuki Hayabusa Engine. So I need to learn a lot from all of the MINIBUGGY Member.

Again., my thread is more into getting support and help., and NOT TO show you all my expertise, as I feel it is important to clarify these, as using english language is a second language to me, and I might worry that my translation is not clear enough.

Why "Project-x ZukiBusa" ???
    • ZukiBusa - suZUKI jeep based tubular off-road car, with suzuki hayaBUSA engine
    • Indonesia is quite far away from most of the SPEED OFF-ROAD Vendor (USA, UK, etc)
    • Using Full 1:1 Chassis and Body would weight alot and therefore we have to use big engine >4500cc
    • Big Engine would be heavy and put lots of stress on suspension, steering, etc
    • Cost of maintenance of the tubular Off-Road Race Car is quite alot
    • Need to find alternative for BUDGET Off-Road Racing for week-end and hobbyist

Specification of the "Project-x ZukiBusa" that I am planning to built :
    - Using Front Suzuki Escudo Chassis from bumper to Fire-Wall
    - Using self made tubular for the rest of the chassis
    - Using tubular pipe for roll-cage

- Car will be using Suzuki Jeep Based - Custom Fiberglass Body
    - 4 wheel drive using Suzuki based divorce transfer-case
    - 2 Seater Suzuki Jeep Based Car
    - Front Suzuki Hayabusa Engine Gen-1, from HOLESHOT RACING
    - Front using custom made A-Arm, open differential, target 16" total travel with coil-over KING SHOCKS
    - Rear using solid axle, limited slip differential, target 16-20" total travel with coil-over KING SHOCKS

Wish me luck guys, 'coz I really need it...

Last edited by Zukibusa; 04-09-2012 at 06:10 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: ZukiBUSA - Suzuki Jeep Based Body with HAYABUSA Engine
    Welcome to Mbn, This sounds like a real interesting build. The members on this site are unbelieveable and I'm sure you will find all the help you need right here on this site. Good luck with your build

3. Collapse Details
    Zukibusa
    This is the original SUZUKI ESCUDO front 1/4 frame of chassis that we bought...

We only use the front 1/4 frame for mock-up only because it has the :
    - Complete Bracket and Housing for the front differential
    - Complete Lower A-ARM Bracket
    - Complete Upper Shocks Tower Bracket

The original front 1/4 frame chassis MATED with SQUARE TUBING Steel chassis

The complete bracket would be use for mock-up purpose and point of reference, because we are modifying the front section :
    - Front differential that is offset to the right would be put center
    - Lower A-ARM Bracket bould be lengthen for wider side-to-side wheel track
    - NEW Upper A-ARM with shorter lenght as lower a-arm would be made
    - Shocks Tower would be modified

YUP, you are right... WELDING TIME
    This is where FUN begin.... (and lots of problems for sure...)

Our Project-X ZukiBUSA home page

Our Indonesian MOTORSPORT Web-Site
    Last edited by Zukibusa; 04-08-2012 at 09:45 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    The Reason Why making Project-X ZukiBUSA
    Zukibusa
    I forgot to tell you the reason why we are making Project-X Zukibusa.

Here in Indonesia, we are so far awar from major OFF-ROAD parts supplier such as SHOCKS, ENGINE, and many other parts that came from the US.

In Indonesia., we have such Off-Road Racing event such as ADVENTURE Off-Road, ROCK-CRAWLING as well as SPEED-OFF Off-Road.

My passion is in SPEED OFF-ROAD Related area.

I have built from small size semi tubular Suzuki Based Off-Road Race-Car to full small size all tubular Mini Pick-Up. Here is the sample of my favorite Semi Tubular Jeep :

Specifications :

- Race are much like Rally Course, only with obstacle such as jumping, bumps, dips with with maks race lenght of 2.5miles per race
    - The width of the track are about 3 Jeeps put side-by-side
    - Car are racing side-by-side on its own course to get the best time, and then changing position

- Front 1/4 Jeep Wrangler 1994 Chassis
    - Summit Racing Chevy 383 Engine (Now : Turn Key LS-3 Engine)
    - Front and Rear - 4 Link Custom Set-Up
    - Front Currie Enterprise Dana 44 Axle, KING-SHOCKS 16 Inch Wheel Travel, KING-SCHOCKS 3 tube by-pass
    - Rear Currie Enterprise Dana 60 Axle, KING-SHOCKS 24+ Inch Travel, KING-SCHOCKS 3 tube by-pass
    - Wheel Base, lenghtened to ... inch

1994 Jeep Wrangler, Semi Tubular, Fiberglas Body

Link for the NEWS and VIDEO of the Jeep...

NOW. why built ZUKIBUSA ???

Imagine LS-3 Crate engine is US for USD$6,000 would cost us USD$10,000 by the time it arrive in Indonesia., and so is all of the spare-parts. Most of the spare-part bought in Indonesia would cost you at least 2x to 2.5 of the original price.

Therefore, we would need to find an alternative of budget Race-Car, along with minimal maintance after the race.

Big and heavy off-road race car tends to break someting during the race, and mailny with the narrow track width as well as short long strip, we thing that small Suzuki Based Jeep Wheel Base along with Suzuki Jeep Body and the Power of Suzuki HAYABUSA Engine along with its Sequential Transmission would give lots of benefit.

A final comparison, a full decent own built tubular Off-Road Race Car would cost us about USD$ 50K by the time we finished building it. (Tubular with LS-6, King Shocks)
    Now, compare that with our targeted budget of USD$ 15K (Tubular, King Shocks, Hayabusa Engine)
    And.... hopefully, there wont be lots of maintenance on the car and on the engine...

Our Project-X ZukiBUSA home page

Our Indonesian MOTORSPORT Web-Site

5. Collapse Details
    Hi there. This build sounds like it will be nuts, 15k Budget...... i can only dream haha.

You mentioned a "Suzuki based divorce transfer-case" what exactly is this and how will it be run of the motor? shaft? Where is the motor going to sit?

I have looked on your homepage and it already looks like you've made some good progress. Very nice work.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigster View Post
    Hi there. This build sounds like it will be nuts, 15k Budget...... i can only dream haha.

You mentioned a "Suzuki based divorce transfer-case" what exactly is this and how will it be run of the motor? shaft? Where is the motor going to sit?

I have looked on your homepage and it already looks like you've made some good progress. Very nice work.
    Suzuki Samurais have a divorced transfer case. The tranny and trasnfer case ARE NOT bolted together. But seperated (or divorced) and connected by a short drivesahft from the back of the tranny. Then of course you have a driveshaft that run to the front and one to the rear axle. Makes this transfer case pretty handy for custom projects. its very light and VERY tough to which does not hurt.

To connect it to a bike engine you turn the bike engine sideways and get a dwarf car adaptor (about 75 bucks) that lets you bolt a driveshaft system right to where a motor cycles sprocket was.

No reverse like that but it works. They DO make a inline driveshaft reverser you can get for between 1100 bucks and 1600 bucks depending on who makes the one you want to add reverse to a setup like this.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

7. Collapse Details
    Zukibusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigster View Post

Hi, thanks or such compliment.,

I am going to use "Suzuki based divorce transfer-case", which means that unlike Jeep NP-Based transfercase that are connected / bolt-on directly to the transmission.

This "Suzuki based divorce transfer-case", are transfer-case that are independent to the transmission, and are connected to the transmission by short drive-shaft.

The front left-side is connected by drive-shaft to the engine
    The rear left-side is output from transfer-case to the rear axle
    The front right-side is output from transfer-case to the front axle

The SPORTKU.COM | Extreme Video and High Quality Photos/Pictures Provided is my personal web dedicated for Indonesian Motorsport...

8. Collapse Details
    Aha, thanks a lot for explaining, i understand now.

9. Collapse Details
    there is a thread on here that shows how to modify a suzuki transfer case to get reverse instead of 4x4 low

10. Collapse Details
    Cool project! I am looking forward to seeing this move forward.

I noticed you are using images from a copyrighted website (Rorty Design) on your flyer. You may have permission to use it, but if not you may want to reconsider after reading his copyright warning-

"This web page belongs to Rorty Design. If you in any way whatsoever use it or abuse it without the express written permission of Rorty Design, various parts of your anatomy....according to an ancient Irish curse....will shrivel and fall off (or at the very least, you'll get into some awful legal trouble).

Copyright Rorty Design MCMXCVIII - MMXII."

Watch out for those Irish Curses!!!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.- Ferris Bueler

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast