Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: GSXR Powered MiniLite
    Blog Entries
    I would really advise agianst mounting a radiator behind your head. They spring a leak or pop the cap and your getting a boiling water shower. I have seen it happen and it is not pretty.

Now making a large scoop to direct the air to the radiator would be a good idea. Also making sure that there is paneling in place to keep the air from doing laps around the radiator is a good idea also.

2. Collapse Details
    I put an ebay jeep radiator on the back of my buggy, set it up as a wing about 20 degree angle, and have one large fan pulling air with room to add another fan but I have not needed to. to me it looks decent the downside, it is not so well protected in the event of a roll. Guess I'll just have to keep the rubber side down.

3. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
    I put an ebay jeep radiator on the back of my buggy, set it up as a wing about 20 degree angle, and have one large fan pulling air with room to add another fan but I have not needed to. to me it looks decent the downside, it is not so well protected in the event of a roll. Guess I'll just have to keep the rubber side down.
    Did a six count roll with mine .Bent a front Left spindle blew rt rear tire of bead tore side mirrors off that was all it did and bruised and bloodied me .Radiator is still good 8yrs later and so is the rest of the buggy
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

4. Collapse Details
    I will get some images of the radiator set up and the new air box. This forum is pretty much my owners manual and support team!!! I am so lucky to have skreikem build this beast since everything is very easy to work on and very well documented. The radiator is mounted low and after reading the forum it was mounted low to reduce the risk of hot radiator water spilling onto passengers during a roll over. I was thinking about doing a top mount with a scoop to get the air with the radiator as far away as possible. This will be a winter project since I am not done riding this season!! The buggy came with a turbo so if I can get the overheating issue in check I might put that on this winter as well not like it not fast enough already but faster is always better!!

5. Collapse Details
    more power equals more heat to get rid of, if you are going to turbo than plan now rather than starting over.

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78