1. Collapse Details
    r97's NX 250 mini buggy build!!!!!
    Finally I'm going to get to build a mini buggy! LOL, I have been planning this for quite a while now, hopefully I should be moving into the building stage soon!

Engine will be from an 88' Honda NX 250, hopefully I should be getting the whole bike for $300 in a few days . 1988 Honda NX 250 specifications and pictures

General specs:

-Buggy should have 66" wheel base, 48" width (Should be able to get through the AV trails).
    -Hoping for 8" or more suspension travel all around, will depend on the shocks I can find.
    -Top speed should be 40-50mph, geared low for torque (ratios may be a bi close....)
    -Tires and rims were all bought for a total of $100, almost new. 23x7-10 fronts, and 22x10-10 rear.
    -39" seat back to pedals

Steering geometry/suspension angles:

10* KPI
    3/4" scrub radius
    -3* camber
    6* castor
    6* rake
    upper arm will be about 1" shorter than lower.

Here are some pictures! A bit rough, but that's ok (will probably add brush bars on the side).

Can't wait to really get started!

EDIT: I know the engine will hit the back of the seat in its current setup, I will fix that when I get the engine dimensions.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: r97's NX 250 mini buggy build!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by r97 View Post
    Finally I'm going to get to build a mini buggy! LOL, I have been planning this for quite a while now, hopefully I should be moving into the building stage soon!

Engine will be from an 88' Honda NX 250, hopefully I should be getting the whole bike for $300 in a few days . 1988 Honda NX 250 specifications and pictures

General specs:

-Buggy should have 66" wheel base, 48" width (Should be able to get through the AV trails).
    -Hoping for 8" or more suspension travel all around, will depend on the shocks I can find.
    -Top speed should be 40-50mph, geared low for torque (ratios may be a bi close....)
    -Tires and rims were all bought for a total of $100, almost new. 23x7-10 fronts, and 22x10-10 rear.
    -39" seat back to pedals

Steering geometry/suspension angles:

10* KPI
    3/4" scrub radius
    -3* camber
    6* castor
    6* rake
    upper arm will be about 1" shorter than lower.

Here are some pictures! A bit rough, but that's ok (will probably add brush bars on the side).

Can't wait to really get started!

EDIT: I know the engine will hit the back of the seat in its current setup, I will fix that when I get the engine dimensions.
    that is a sweet build dude!
    are you going independant rear?

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks!

Plan was a solid swing arm to keep costs down, so not independent. Should be pretty light, and I wont be jumping, or going too fast, so I don't think independent is that important.

Unfortunatly the guy who I was buying the bike off of screwed me over. We agreed on $300 and he told me he would get back to me the next day about pickup, I called him late the next day asking when I could get it and he told me he sold it to someone else!

So until I find another bike (my craigslist is terrible for this kind of thing, that bike is the only reasonable thing I found in about 6 months of searching....) this project is pretty much dead

4. Collapse Details
    220 miles east of Glamis>>>Aka North Phoenix Az
    That's kind of a common thing for Craigslist people. I have had 2 deals fall through where they said the same thing. Sucks. Maybe its a better thing u didn't get that motor. Shady people don't always have the best products. Keep us updated.

5. Collapse Details
    The guy was pretty nice, although he was not the sharpest tool in the shed....

I hope things turn out for the best (I posted a wanted add now, so my fingers are crossed on that). The engine ran, but only after a LOT of cranking, wasn't sure to think of this, although I don't remember him using the choke.... I really need to just forget about it!

On the bright side now will be a handy time for me to make my welding table, clean up the shop, and maybe put the finishing touches on my mini bike.