Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Stadium Lite - New and Improved
    from what i remember that is a rpm rack, not sure of the price. but its real nice

2. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Plans for a car like this would be awesome ! There would be countless people in the buggy world all over a set of plans for this car.I know in this economy sellin a turnkey car would be few and far between.the edge is a prime example of what may happen for you if u sell plans and sell turnkey cars .

3. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Hey Bull - come down to Cincy and pick up the rolling chassis and engine parts that I have (#3, if you will) and see what you can do with it.
    Sand is for fast cars
    Dirt is for fast drivers

Yellow Dog Racing

4. Collapse Details
    Bullnerd K-Fab has the right idea. His #3 car is a steal for what he is selling.

Yes it is a RPM gearbox.... Well mock up box. I have not ordered a box with brake yet so I can not give you an exact price but when I do I will let you know. K-fab has the gearbox I wanted from the start but I redesigned a lot of stuff to use Dan's new box, once again my luck.

I will try to get some more pics up this week.

5. Collapse Details
    I would love to buy it,but even if you gave it to me,i would have a hard time finding gas money to come pick it up right now!

UTV -I was talking about the rack,not the gear box.

"Dan's new box"?
    Last edited by Bullnerd; 03-28-2010 at 07:15 PM.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullnerd View Post
    I would love to buy it,but even if you gave it to me,i would have a hard time finding gas money to come pick it up right now!

UTV -I was talking about the rack,not the gear box.

"Dan's new box"?
    My bad.... I was not paying attention to what I was reading...lol

Yes.. Good eye. Dan at RPM built me a rack from his old notes. Let me tell you it is a thing of beauty. Simple, light, strong, and best of all you know it will work.
    Last edited by utvfab; 03-28-2010 at 07:41 PM. Reason: spelling

7. Collapse Details
    Awesome build man, I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by utvfab View Post
    Yes.. Good eye. Dan at RPM built me a rack from his old notes. Let me tell you it is a thing of beauty. Simple, light, strong, and best of all you know it will work.
    Do you think Dan would build more of those? I believe he used to sell them, then stopped. But since there are no good racks out there for small buggies, he should be able to sell plenty of them. I know I would be willing to pay more for a rack that is of better quality than the 11" and 14" racks sold most places.

8. Collapse Details
    Last I talked to him he was pretty busy keeping up with his gearbox orders but i do think he could sell lots of them as well.

Ok so a run down on the motor. It is an Arctic Cat 440 twin cylinder 440 2-stroke. One down side to it was the fact it is a pull start. I figured it couldn't be that hard to put an electric start on it. Unfortunatly an electric start option was never offered for this motor and no dealer I talked to had a clue how to do it.

After lots of thought and a few orders from Ebay I took matters into my own hands. You can add a ring gear to most Arctic Cat clutches but I didn't want to be married to a stock clutch. My plan has been to run a Powerbloc like my older car so that route was out. I removed the pull start and the pawl catch from the stator side of the motor and made an adapter for a ring gear to mount on that side. A trip to a local metal dealer and I returned with a 10 lb. chunk of 7" round aluminum for my adapter. 2 days later and a trash can full of shavings an adapter weiging less than 1 lb is born. I know adding rotating mass to the crank will affect performance but I figure the lighter clutch should offset the added weight from the adapter. The starter I got bought uses a flex shaft connected to the pinion gear giving me a little more freedom. Here are a few pics

9. Collapse Details
    Here are a few pics of my front hubs and spindle. Hubs started out life as 7" round chunks of 7075 aluminum. I used a manual lathe and boring tool to make everything. Also used a drill press for the stud holes. Now that I have a design that works and a solid set of measurments I will have a local CNC remake them and shave some weight. But for now they work just fine. My spindle snouts were made on the same lathe out of 4130 solid stock. I set both up to work with a Ford wheel bearing you can buy at any parts store.

10. Collapse Details
    Very cool.. I also like the part about buying the bearings from an autoparts store. nice.
    Great work by the way keep us posted its awesome!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast