1. Collapse Details
    "KARR" evil big sister to Kitt
    So after the race and getting Kitts motor pulled I ordered some metal and started working on "KARR" you know the evil version of Kitt from Knight Rider.
    Which works out perfect for a name as Kitt is short for a small Kitten as Pepper loves Kitties is why she named her Kitt and Karr will be a full size lion with a larger size frame, tires, suspension and most important motor. Looking to go maybe as large as a V-8!
    Ok ya so not a mini but still a build and so I thought I would post some work so others can see I have not been sleeping just not working on any minis right now.
    This buggy is for the owner of TrailGlow Paul and his son Brodie for them to use to go to the desert, do some racing in the open sportsman class and to take to tech, shows etc. to display current products and what not.

I wanted to get some progress started so I could show Paul and Brodie their race "KARR" by this weekend because it's Brodies graduation this week so I wanted to surprise him with a buggy for graduation after the other deal his dad had set up for them fell through.
    He did not know I was building this and kept it a secret from him until this weekend.

After talking to Paul from TrailGlow at tech and hearing what he wanted and he already had the name "KARR" picked out I had a few ideas I wanted to do not to just copy Kitt in a larger size but as the buggies name was KARR and she was going to be a darker more sinister version of Kitt I wanted to make a few changes to show this look and additude.
    One thing is I built a much longer sleeker nose for Karr to add to the look.
    Two the roof has a sharp drop adding to the sleek look and also saves adding a visor bar. Very cool.
    Well I have a couple pics so let me post them up for you all to see what I am up to so you can get an idea of what I am building.
    The car is 1 3/4 sized tubing by .095 on all the main bars and all inside bars are 1 1/4 so much larger in size to the minis I have built. Shoot the webbing is the size I use on my minis.

The pics do not show up difference on how big she is now but wait tell I put KARR next to little Kitt and then you will see.
    KARR will be roughly 15 feet over all length and wheel base is open for now but looking to be around 120 inch wheel base?
    With a possible V-8 the longer wheel base will handle the higher speeds.
    Ok here is the side shot of the cab coming together.

side shot showing webbing etc.

front showing the dropped down roof.

And here we have some shots with the seat in to show a scale size.
    This shot really shows the longer nose section of Karr. With the hood section at nearly 10 inches longer than kitt she will have plenty of extra room for TrailGlows light up decals etc.

I am really glad TrailGlow and Tut Tech have come to be friends and that we are able to work out this deal to help TrailGlow get a car together.
    I really wish them the best as they are some of the nicest people I have ever met.

I will up date as I get a chance and the car is on a goal to be done by November and ready to fully enter a race by next year.
    TrailGlows son Brodie will be the driver and run it like I said in the sportsman open class and learn to race and drive it for fun.

Thanks for looking.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: "KARR" evil big sister to Kitt
    Here is another small update I added the back motor cage making it 1 foot longer than kitts to be able to install not only a larger motor but a radiator and larger spare tire also.
    I also cut and seemed the back bumper so I could install a piece of 1.5 inch .120 wall piece of tubing inside the bumpers 1.75 by .120 wall bumper giving Karr a .240 wall thick back bumper for protection. Should be awesome and help out for those little taps on the back when others want to pass.
    Wheelbase is looking to be between 115-120 inches.

Here's a couple pics.

Not just a cab anymore shes starting to look like a car.
    Or KARR.

3. Collapse Details
    Here is today's update.
    I was able to set up the tranny and motor rails in 1 3/4 by .120 wall to hold up the weight and of course some bumps on the ground.

I sloped the back bumper section of the cage in pretty good as this will make anyone trying to bump or nerf you shoot under you. That's Awesome!
    I wish I would have done this with Kitt and will when I rebuild her and update her.

Ok how about some pics.

Thanks again.

4. Collapse Details
    Very nice
    It looks allready cool!

Good luck with your build
    I'm building my personal Badland's ST2 Long Travel

5. Collapse Details
    Go
    Damn Tut you have built 5 frames or more since youve been on this site. Amazing, if you ever want to bring the lady down and do a working vacation PM me. Absolutely amazing. Looking forward to seeing the progress. How are the HIDs that Trailglow sells holding up? Sure can't beet their price.
    ________
    Ducati gt1000
    Last edited by bajaBrothers; 02-23-2011 at 09:33 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    I like your anti nerf defense system on the back it has KARR written all over it. The whole rail looks sweet keep it up.
    DOES THIS LOOK STRAIGHT OR ARE THE FUMES JUST GETTING TO ME?

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the input everyone.
    Let's see the TrailGlow HID's were on about 19 cars total at the last race an all of them worked perfectly throughout the night.
    We did not make it into the dark... dang gremlins actually caught up to us and killed our motor.
    Can't complain same motor for going on 3 years so not bad especially a VW engine.

But we came home wiped them off and they work great. My brother loves his and about 6 other people we know personally love them. As you said they work perfect have a bright white bulb
    so are clear and crisp and so far no one has had any troubles so we love them.
    They are lighter then most using the poly body and Lexan lens really cut down on weight.
    My brother used the yellow lens and he liked it plus we new it was him. Very cool.
    As you said the price is amazing as you get two of his lights for the price of a single HID from
    anywhere else and they work just as good if not better!
    The only thing I would change is the adjustment set up for lowering or raising the beam.
    They use the click type slots so you may have to move a full click and it may be to much if mounted on a tab. May have to adjust the tab.
    Light bar no big deal as you adjust your strut rod and dial them right in no worries.
    That is the only thing we have all talked about and can think of improving on them.

Paul from TrailGlow is already talking about making a... well a special light bar system just for
    his car so it will be a test bed for trying new ideas out. As I work on the frame he works on cool new lighting ideas for it. He is also talking about lighting the entire side of the car then cutting out his sponsors to go onto the lighted panels so they all will be able to be seen at night. Pretty crazy but
    sounds cool.

The double thick bumper came from our Kitts bumper getting mashed in and me having to add another bar to the outside of it so I thought why not just add it now and put it inside?
    Might work right?

Baja brothers heck ya I don't know if the wife will go as she is a little worried about going as she is pretty white and thinks she will stand out and get picked on or something.
    Me I go to the races when I can and would love to meet up and Yes you can totally put me to
    work as you know I love to do this kind of stuff.

Well cool thanks for the input and I will add more as I can.
    Last edited by TutTech; 06-05-2009 at 10:22 AM.