1. Collapse Details
    Can I get pics of how you set up your sled engine with the tranny???
    My buddy wants to put a sled engine in his Joyner,but the problem is that its chain drive?I posted earlier and someone said about getting a quad that converts a belt to chain.I just wanted to see if I could get some pics and see how some of you guys did installed everything?I know that some rpm boxes are like 1600 but he doesn't want to spend that much.If you guys have any ideas or pics that would be great?Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Can I get pics of how you set up your sled engine with the tranny???
    polaris transmission, eBay Motors, Transmissions Chains items on eBay.com

Look at that link.

eBay Motors: Polaris 350 Trail Boss Transmission Tranny (item 160305295420 end time Dec-21-08 10:38:59 PST)

Theres one to one of the trannies there.
    Many of the Polaris trannies take a belt in and a chain out if the quad had a swing arm. The question is do you have enoguh room for a sled engine and the pipes that come out the front and need either a lot of space or some serious customizing if space is not available? Then you need a belt to the tranny then a chain to the rear.

Lots to putting a sled motor into an existing frame that was not made for them in the first place. Many times its better to enjoy the unit you have while you build one for the sled motor unit from the ground up. No down time then so much. It can be easier if you find a four stroke sled motor but they are still tough to come by being so new and the price will usually not be cheaop if the person knows what they got.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

3. Collapse Details

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf View Post
    what is it hooked up to?could you describe it a little bit please?Thanks

5. Collapse Details
    That picture Airwolf posted looks like a Polaris tranny of a different nature than I mentioned. The scramblers/Trailblazers have the belt in and chain out the back down the swingarm.

The bigger utility quads have a tranny like he has. Also similiar to the one in this link below. The input clutch would be one the little shaft sticking out the top left side.

eBay Motors: 03 POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700 TRANSMISSION TRANNY (item 320246302092 end time Dec-25-08 10:40:08 PST)
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

6. Collapse Details
    My trans looks like this:
    Attachment 12543

Basically just an enclosed chaincase with a high/low/reverse.(From a polaris quad) I am not familiar with the Joyner chain drive , but the snowmobile engined dragster guys all run the secondary clutch on a jackshaft with a secondary chain to the solid rear axle.