Thread: KWiK Cut List

1. Collapse Details
    KWiK Cut List
    Not really sure where this belongs, but I thought I would share a program I wrote to get the most out of the tubing I bought.

Basically if you know the cut lenghts of a number of tubes and the length of the tubes you want to cut them out of, it will find matches that leave the maximum remnant that you choose.

Keep in mind I originally wrote this for my own use only, and decided to clean it up a bit and add a few options, but it is in no way bulletproof. Use at your own risk.

You can download it from here [url=http://www.kwikmcad.com/sandrail/KWiKCutList.ziphkpk41s]KWiKSand Cut List[/urlhkpk41s]

2. Collapse Details
    I just found a flaw in the program, so I am going to remove it until I get a chance to see if I can fix it.

If you are using it, you need to manually check the lists

Bug 1 I was populating the list by adding rows to the bottom, but switched to adding rows to the top. The write selected doesn't take this into account, and will not remove the cut tubes even if the last generated row is selected

Bug 2 Sometimes the program will use the same cut length twice in one tube even though there is only one availible.

If and when I get it fixed I will repost.