Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Blow off valve question.
    Mesa, AZ - Home of the elusive "SnowBird"
    I want to add a blow off valve (BOV) to my car. I was looking at the pictures of Las Vegas Turbo Hyabusa on page 2 of that post, https://www.minibuggy.net/forum/showt...?t=8741&page=2 (POST Number 13 picture 1) and I noted he had an air cleaner on the BOV. I was thinking of getting a turbo smart vee port, but having seen the picture, it got me to thinking. Does a BOV draw a vacuum to the outside air at any point? If so, should I use a ported BOV – a plumb back – and then install a filter like LVTH?

Any input would be good.

Thanks in advance

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Blow off valve question.
    Quote Originally Posted by yummi View Post
    I want to add a blow off valve (BOV) to my car. I was looking at the pictures of Las Vegas Turbo Hyabusa on page 2 of that post, https://www.minibuggy.net/forum/showt...?t=8741&page=2 (POST Number 13 picture 1) and I noted he had an air cleaner on the BOV. I was thinking of getting a turbo smart vee port, but having seen the picture, it got me to thinking. Does a BOV draw a vacuum to the outside air at any point? If so, should I use a ported BOV – a plumb back – and then install a filter like LVTH?

Any input would be good.

Thanks in advance
    IMO a blowoff valve should have a filter on it to prevent the possibility of sand/dirt getting on the seat and preventing boost.Otherwise not necessary.Yes sand will get in there sooner or later! One would not think so since it BLOWS OFF excess pressure but it happens.

3. Collapse Details
    I did not look at that app, but wanted to add this: if your air is measured before the blow off valve, it should be recirculated before the turbo. If measured after the BOV, it can be vented to atmosphere. I don't know why you would need a filter.

Whatever you do, please don't put a duck call or anything similar on your BOV.

4. Collapse Details
    Some BOV's use a vacumn port to help quickly close the BOV.Others use just spring pressure.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by masterfabr View Post
    ...sand/dirt getting on the seat...
    I can see that.

6. Collapse Details
    I HAVE seen it.On mine.

7. Collapse Details
    Haha, duck call. Make it sound 10X better.

8. Collapse Details
    There's so little blowff on a turbo busa @6-10 #'s it'll be quieter than a fly fart.

9. Collapse Details
    Mesa, AZ - Home of the elusive "SnowBird"
    Thanks as always for the advice.

A duck call? That would be good – once. Then after that I am just an ass kickin waiting to happen. Had enough of that crap in elementary school. Besides, if I was going to that trouble, seems I would prefer an “auga” horn.

So looks like a ported BOV with filter. Any better than the others or is Turbo Smart good as any?

Thanks again.

10. Collapse Details
    HKS or TIAL for me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast