1. Collapse Details
    Suzuki GSX-R 600 05 oil lines, radiator hoses
    Hi,
    I have been working on the construction of my buggy, and right now Im working with the electric harness, fuel lines and water lines. I read many threads about this so I just want to confirm with you what Im doing.
    My engine is a GSX-R 600 05 and Im using a Honda civic radiator.
    Radiator hoses:
    1.-The oil cooler line and the small line from the thermostat (air purge hose) goes on the top of the radiator right? it can be done with some "T" fittings right?
    2.- The thermo switch for the fan can be adapted with a T fitting between the thermostat and the lower port of the radiator?
    *Im adding a drawing with this explanation.
    Fuel tank lines:
    Im using the stock fuel pump. I have a fuel pressure regulator that Im planning to use on the engine. Is it necessary to use it? If yes, do I need to install it between fuel tank and the inner part of the fuel injector rail?
    2.- if I add the fuel pressure regulator, do I need to run a return line right?
    Oil Gauge:
    Im planning to add an oil temp gauge and an oil pressure gauge. I mean I know I can use a thread on the engine (the one used to make the fuel pressure test as says on the technical manual) but how can I add the oil temp sensor too?

I will be glad if you can help me with this, I just want to be sure that I am doing everything all right. I dont want to destroy my engine J.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Suzuki GSX-R 600 05 oil lines, radiator hoses
    Quote Originally Posted by elocr87 View Post
    Hi,
    I have been working on the construction of my buggy, and right now Im working with the electric harness, fuel lines and water lines. I read many threads about this so I just want to confirm with you what Im doing.
    My engine is a GSX-R 600 05 and Im using a Honda civic radiator.
    Radiator hoses:
    1.-The oil cooler line and the small line from the thermostat (air purge hose) goes on the top of the radiator right? it can be done with some "T" fittings right?

I belive you are correct. I attached a pic of my 07 750

2.- The thermo switch for the fan can be adapted with a T fitting between the thermostat and the lower port of the radiator?

I believe you are correct. Mine is a little different.

*Im adding a drawing with this explanation.
    Fuel tank lines:
    Im using the stock fuel pump. I have a fuel pressure regulator that Im planning to use on the engine. Is it necessary to use it? If yes, do I need to install it between fuel tank and the inner part of the fuel injector rail?
    2.- if I add the fuel pressure regulator, do I need to run a return line right?

If you are using the stock fuel pump you shouldn't need a regulator.
    Oil Gauge:
    Im planning to add an oil temp gauge and an oil pressure gauge. I mean I know I can use a thread on the engine (the one used to make the fuel pressure test as says on the technical manual) but how can I add the oil temp sensor too?

I will be glad if you can help me with this, I just want to be sure that I am doing everything all right. I dont want to destroy my engine J.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hope this helps a little.
    "You gotta keep on keepin' on"
    Joe Dirt

3. Collapse Details
    mmobley thanks for your replay, of course it will help me.

so, if im using the stock fuel pump i will not need a return line right?

what about the gauges do everybody know if there is a way to connect the oil temp and oil pressure gauge at the same time?

one last question, is there any problem if i use an optima battery? or do i need to use the stock battery?

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by elocr87 View Post
    mmobley thanks for your replay, of course it will help me.

so, if im using the stock fuel pump i will not need a return line right?

what about the gauges do everybody know if there is a way to connect the oil temp and oil pressure gauge at the same time?

one last question, is there any problem if i use an optima battery? or do i need to use the stock battery?
    Stock fuel pump has no return line correct.
    I can't help you with the gauges but there are knowledgeable people on here that can and hopefully they will chime in.
    I wouldn't know why an optima battery wouldn't work.
    I am pretty new to this so if anyone doubts what I have replied please speak up.
    "You gotta keep on keepin' on"
    Joe Dirt

5. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    Most factory gauges only read oil pressure. I would think an oil temp gauge shouldnt be hard to plumb into it. Just need a spot somewhere, but why? Its water cooled, ?? So put a water temp gauge and oil pressure gauge.
    And pretty sure fuel pump has regulator made to it, so only one line.