1. Collapse Details
    Anyone using a fuel pump to pull fuel from top of fuel cell and use busa stock relay?
    Well, I wish mine was gravity fed but its not. I dont think most pumps really like to pull fuel ... they like to push fuel, or is this incorrect? I have an MSD external fuel pump that sits on top of my fuel cell essentially ... it thus has to pull fuel up anywere from a couple inches to a good foot or so as the tank gets close to empty. Note too its only a three gallon fuel cell so even with my foam and multiple pickups in the tank I suspect its fairly easily starved sloshing around(the walbros prevent it from sucking air) and I am often low on fuel LOL. My pump claims to be a low draw 5.4 amps but I assume it potentially draws more pulling fuel rather than pushing and probably gets worse if starved and thus perhaps getting hot and further complicating things. Just curious as I have a theory with using stock relay that perhaps this is a source of ultimetly killing ECUs since the fuel relay supplies the injectors and coils too. Do I need a special pump to pull fuel or maybe I will just put in another relay to further isolate the fuel pump draw. Or am I way over thinking this LOL. What does a stock busa pump draw out of curiosity or what setup do most use for electrical to the pump?
    Last edited by twvette; 05-17-2012 at 10:45 PM.
    RZR with Honda RC51 SP2 transplant
    RZR with Hayabusa transplant

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Anyone using a fuel pump to pull fuel from top of fuel cell and use busa stock re
    I run a fuel cell that has the pickup at the top. I located the fuel pump below the gas tank so there is always fuel in the line going to the fuel pump since there ends up being about 2 foot of line and most of it will still hold fuel even when the pump is not being used.
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

3. Collapse Details
    Re: Anyone using a fuel pump to pull fuel from top of fuel cell and use busa stock re
    Having the pump sit on top the tank is not a problem.

You all ready know the 3 gal tank is a problem.

Why not use the wire going to the pump to trigger another relay so theres no real draw on that wire.

4. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by MC@ Performance Fab View Post
    Having the pump sit on top the tank is not a problem.

You all ready know the 3 gal tank is a problem.

Why not use the wire going to the pump to trigger another relay so theres no real draw on that wire.
    I think thats exactly what I wanted to hear MC...
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

5. Collapse Details
    OK to take it another step I use the wires from the ecu to trigger automotive relays for both my fuel pump and radiator fan.

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks. Gonna add another relay.

Do you think the original stock realy might have already been damaged? Remember I am burning up ECUs but we think now this is a bad injector as it only burns out once cylinder channel. However, I am paranoid now so wondering if that relay is now bad and thus sending spikes to the ECU as it feeds the injector/ignition channels also. Replace with a stock relay? Having a hard time finding one bdown locally ut could order ... or should I just replace with a off the shelf relay as it appears to be a four standard pin relay anyways?
    RZR with Honda RC51 SP2 transplant
    RZR with Hayabusa transplant