Thread: Supercharger

1. Collapse Details
    Supercharger
    Millenium Member
    Anyone have any know hows on using a supercharger on bike engine as opposed to a turbo? Looks like you could push a ZX10 from 155hp to around 225hp with 8-9 lbs boost. No intercooler, no lag, little easier to tune about same money. Guy has a larger unit that will go to 15lb but no dyno since it wont fit under factory body work. I wouldn't used any body work so that wouldn't be a problem. But that would require some compression work??

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Supercharger
    Olympia, Wa. or 25 gallons of Diesel from the dunes
    Being pushed to better yourself is never a bad thing.

EL TORO sand car w/ intercooled TURBO 1397 Busa / Subaru STI diff. / cutting brakes

3. Collapse Details
    after reading the post the first thing that I thought of was mountain performance, they make supercharger kits for Yamaha sleds, aka R1 mill. Just a thought, not sure if it helps or not

bugbite

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bugbite View Post
    after reading the post the first thing that I thought of was mountain performance, they make supercharger kits for Yamaha sleds, aka R1 mill. Just a thought, not sure if it helps or not

bugbite
    These guys are across town from me. I've been inside their shop and I've seen some of their work. They also make superchargers for Rhinos, RZRs and such. Putting one on a bike engine doesn't seem like it would be too bad.

www.mountainperformance.com
    Last edited by ttginc; 11-08-2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: added link

5. Collapse Details
    I have now decided I need to pick up and move to wherever I can have snowmobiles! I've never seen pictures of superchargers on them! California's starting to suck anyway, it may be another reason to leave. Time to start researching.
    ...it's only a flesh wound...

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin quesenberry View Post
    I have now decided I need to pick up and move to wherever I can have snowmobiles! I've never seen pictures of superchargers on them! California's starting to suck anyway, it may be another reason to leave. Time to start researching.
    If you're serious, check out Utah. I can't remember exactly but at least 75% of the state is state/federally owned. You can ride pretty much anywhere. From where I live the mountain and desert trails are 40 minutes away. The salt flats or the dunes; within two hours. Moab is about 4.5 hours away. The Salt Lake Int'l airport is rarely congested, close by, and serves as a western states Delta hub. The economy and housing markets are doing much better than anywhere else in the country - still a good amount of construction jobs.

7. Collapse Details
    He's kidding... utah sux, don't come