1. Collapse Details
    rear 3 link set up help
    Question
    Hi I am looking for help setting up the rear 3 link on my zx14 sandcar. I is very similar to the one king uses, not sure how to set up rear toe as with the 3 link arms go up and down toe goes neg the more suspension goes up or down . I understand the concept but trying to get even close to 18 in of travel toe changes drastic over 2 in with 22'' links is this normal or am I over looking something and what is normal axle plunge for a 3 link I would appreciate any help any one has

2. Collapse Details
    Re: rear 3 link set up help
    Unfortunatly that is how it is. My 2nd gen Short Sand Car has a similar 3 link set up... it was very uneasy to feel the rear of the car go a slightly different direction than the front, especially on razor back transitions, but you get used to it. The extreme toe change happens at the extreme limits of travel, I limited my rear suspension drop with straps to protect the CV's and this also kept the 3 inches of toe down to some 1 1/2 inches.

3. Collapse Details
    You would have to alter the arms and mounting points to reduce the toe change.

4. Collapse Details
    Welcome to MBN 1ZX!

It seems the 3 link is very challenging to design. How far along is that aspect of your build?

5. Collapse Details
    thanks all for your input so Im not crazy lol glamisman your right on with the toe numbers Im thinking about running around 1/2 in at ride height which should put the links around 15deg that way at full droop should zero out maybe slightly toe out then all I have to worry about is crazy toe in at full bump. So I should also asumme that you also had more than the 1/4'' axle plunge. Gene I am pretty far in to the build and you dont even know how many time I thought about changing to trailing arm but maybe next build I will have to post some pics later. This is my second car I have built and every time you learn what you will do different so I hope to finish this car drive it sell it build another.

6. Collapse Details
    The longer the links, the less toe change you will have. you can reduce it further by having both a camber curve (inside of lateral links closer together than outside) and having the forward pivot of the radius arms mounted inward of the outer connection of the lateral links.

7. Collapse Details
    Pics would help better to see what you have.