Thread: Spammers Suck!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Spammers Suck!
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Just making comment, nothing else really....

I just deleted 8 of 12 newly signing up members. The spammers are relentless!

Now that I have the system set up so that I have to individually approve membership, I've been able to weed out 99% of the bastards.

I implemented a spambot killer on part of the registration and that's removed that horrible onslaught of spammers that were here a couple of years ago (we were getting 100+ new "members" a day) and now I just manually weed out the bad guys.

IP checks are the bomb. There are lists that pop up for the spambots, forum spammers and honeypot idiots. They show up on any of those lists, I hit delete. I'm fairly relentless about it too - show up on a list, no chance, poof be gone. That may be a bit unfair to a few, but it seems that the legit guys will e-mail me asking why they weren't accepted.

Seems the majority of the problematic people are out of Russia and Indonesia. Guess there's nothing else to do there?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Spammers Suck!
    Sounds good K', thank you very much for taking the time.

You guys are the only car friends (besides the dude that only shows up when he needs something milled!) I have anymore,(sniff) None of my friends here are allowed near(sniff)a garage by their wives.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

3. Collapse Details
    Hi, my name is Steve and I work as a recruiter for a Fortune 500 company. How would you like to make $5000/week from your couch eating Cheetos naked while watching OWN. I'll just need your social security number to get started with your application...

Quote Originally Posted by Bullnerd View Post

You guys are the only car friends (besides the dude that only shows up when he needs something milled!) I have anymore,(sniff) None of my friends here are allowed near(sniff)a garage by their wives.
    Your friends need new wives. Tell them that at the next BBQ and report back. K thanks!
    Over complicating mini buggies since 2005

Certified lazy fabricating laser junkie

K-Fab Says: Don't ride with me - I flip stuff like RZRs and myself over the bars...

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerrider View Post
    Your friends need new wives. Tell them that at the next BBQ and report back. K thanks!
    Better yet no wives.

5. Collapse Details
    I know how you feel. I get over 400 spam e-mails a day and at least 10 robo, sales or finance company phone calls, sometimes they just beep and hang up.

I always tell them that it sounds like a really good business opportunity, but i'm really busy right now and if they could give me their phone number i'd be more than happy to call them at 3am when I get off work to discuss it further, but they never give me their number?......
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

6. Collapse Details
    Bend-Tech Dragon Master
    Coos Bay, 10 miles from the OREGON DUNES!
    A question about minibuggies or the site like "what manufacture had the first popular single seat minibuggy?"
    If you don't know that you don't need on here.
    They can always e-mail you to try request and answer, you can usually spot the questionable parties.
    JGSFAB- CNC'n everything I can. What to see more?
    www.facebook.com/jgsfab or jgsfab on instagram.
    And don't forget jgsturbocom on youtube

7. Collapse Details
    220 miles east of Glamis>>>Aka North Phoenix Az
    I'm just glad they let me in when I signed up.... Too late now.

Not sure if most people know that answer JGSturbo. I know when I signed up... At that time I had no idea about that answer.... And well suspension for that matter. Heck I know terms... And have drawings of others builds. That counts... IM IN!!!

8. Collapse Details
    You guys get the Indian callers there?Get em frequently here.
    They ALWAYS seem to know when to call you,like when ya coiled up in a "Feetall" position,half up yaself trying to fix ssshit under the buggy.
    Ya run to the phone thinkin' it's important,just to get this:

Hello.....Hello......anyone there,longer pause.....FINALLY...

"Hellowww,my nem is Trevor,can I spik to der owna dare plizzzz?"

G'Day Trevor,this is Bazzerkuh,you'll be wanting Bossman Mr Sanjeeves,hold on mate and I'll go get him for ya!"

I then place the phone down not hanging up,and leave them waiting till their patience runs out, and suck'd in alarm goes off.

This then registers on their data bank as NOT HOME at time of calling!
    Trying to wear out BEFORE I rust out!..........Now just trying to getouta Bed!

I drink...........therefore I am!

9. Collapse Details
    Most of the time i just tell em i aint interested in anything they got , and hang up . But if i am in a good mood i will have a lil fun ,[ much like Yoshi] and ask them for their home number so i can sell them something they dont need / want.

I especially like the door to door hawkers we get in here trying to pedal their junk to me and my staff.
    After listening to the initial speil , i then tell them i pay a lot of rent to conduct my business from here and you have just come in uninvited to ply your trade , so therefore you need to give me some rent money . That sorts em out .

BTW Thanks K, its a shame you have to waste your time with that stuff but i am glad you do.
    Last edited by TALON; 06-13-2015 at 04:19 AM.
    Talon's YouTube Channel

Adapt what is usefull , reject what is useless and add what is your own.........Bruce Lee

10. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Registration this weekend:
    14 new people
    8 spammers
    2 more Aussies (you guys are the growing MBN crowd)
    1 IP address that came up as a Project Honeypot did contact me wondering why he couldn't get on (because I'd removed him) - he sent MBN an e-mail asking about it, so I responded that he needs to re-register and I'd allow him on. We'll see if he's legit or not. He's out of the Middle East...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast