Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Today's count:
    5 spammers removed
    3 new members, one from Poland.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Spammers Suck!

3. Collapse Details
    A friend of a friend got in trouble over a telemarketer that called every few weeks. He did a reverse lookup of the phone number and got the address. He looked up the address on google earth so he knew what the building looked like. When the telemarketer called again, he said something like he had been watching him and was going to be waiting under the pine tree near the south wheelchair ramp to smash his face in. The guy got a visit from the police department.

4. Collapse Details
    I always tell the telemarketer that I'll buy their product if they'll buy mine;When I was in Ohio, it was bags of yard clippings that I offered. Now it's going to be bags of hot rocks. They'd say something along the lines of "Why would I want that?" to which I'd usually say "Exactly, now take me off your call list."

I also get called Ma'am on occasion, to which I respond, I'm not a woman. They'll call me Ma'am again and I'll inform them that I'm not female, don't call me that again. The third time I usually just blurt out "I have a dick and balls hanging between my legs like you do!" which generally gets me hung up on. I only say this to the guys...

I have fun with messing with them - I'm always nice, polite and courteous, but I definitely try to get them to crack.

The other thing that's fun is when they start reading their script, I'll stop them and ask them to tell me in their own words what they're selling. They'll start reading the script again and I'll once again ask them to tell me about it in their own words. This usually just shorts them out - you can hear the sputtering. "We're not allowed to do that." to which I answer "Well I guess I'm not allowed to listen to you." click.

I generally tell them to have a nice day/weekend/life/etc. before I hang up.

The other one that's fun is Craigslist scammers. Had a woman text me on two different things within five minutes the other day - thought I had the Taz and the CRF sold! (yea, right). I'll engage in a text conversation that goes along the lines of "So, does this crap really work? Are people that STUPID? Then I ask them to go to the highest building in their area, climb the stairs to the top, walk out on the roof, get to the edge, look over and JUMP, as we don't need P.O.S like you in our world." It's fun to just overload them with crap text. If they happen to be using and iPhone, I can sit here at the computer and just type and type away all sorts of thoughts, comments and opinions of scammers.

5. Collapse Details
    btw - two more Russians booted, one more Aussie and a guy from Poland accepted this morning.

Truly an international site MBN is!

6. Collapse Details
    "Truly an international site"

Yeah, I love that.

I don't travel, so its really cool to hear stories from around the world.

Oh, wait this is about spammers! Friggin spammers! Great job K'!
    Last edited by Bullnerd; 06-19-2015 at 11:35 PM.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

7. Collapse Details
    That's funny! I'm gonna use Ma'am when I know it's a guy with a deep voice and just keep referring to him as Ma'am.
    I'll just say, "Ma'am, do you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior? Let's pray together, Dear Lord, we pray that you bless this ma'am in her passage of life and through telephone connections. We pray that ya da ya da ya da..."
    I'm sure that they'll just hang up after I start singing "Hosanna in the highest!"

8. Collapse Details
    Years ago my Dad was painting the kitchen ceiling, removed the smoke detector and set it on a small table by the phone. One day he answers the phone and it was a phone spammer dude, he wouldn't let my dad get a word in so my dad sees the smoke detector and holds it up to the phone holding the test button down! The smoke detector had a new use for a long time after that!
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

9. Collapse Details
    I applaud your vigor K-fab.
    I used to do automotive work from my garage and spammers wouldn't leave me alone. I'd be under a car working when the phone would ring. Get out real quick with greasy hands to answer and it's.... someone selling something, or better still, a machine caller. I wish people had more respect for others on things like that these days. If I know it's a spam number calling; I now answer the phone with, "Mario's Pizzaria!" with as much of an Italian accent as I can muster.
    Dune 500

10. Collapse Details
    Today's listing:
    Two Canadians
    One New Zealander
    One US
    One Belize - possible spammer, but doesn't come up on a list - I don't think there's much off roading in Belize

Three spammers:
    One from India, one from Ukraine and one from Russia with a US tagged IP address.

I'm having fun posting the new member's locations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast