Thread: FNG questions

1. Collapse Details
    FNG questions
    Hey guys got some noob questions for ya.

I would love to build a 2 seat buggy that performs well in the dunes but that is also strong enough to be outfitted to race the desert. *Is it possible? *or do you sacrifice too much on either end and get something that does neither very well? *

Standfast's build is what really got me watching this site religiously (much to my wife's dismay) excellent work. *The Shotgun, ecotec combo looks like a killer way to go and looks like it could fit the bill very well.

Finally, I know it's very hard to pin down, but how much should a guy expect to spend on a shotgun or similar buggy build? *I'll do all the fab work myself and buy all the misc trinkets. *Just looking for a ballpark range cuz right now I don't have a clue. *Thanks in advance!

2. Collapse Details
    Re: FNG questions
    A dual purpose car is just that.A decent compromise. A dedicated sand car will likely be built too light and not durable enough for baja. Expect to spend 15-20 K to do a quality build.Of course that can vary +- 5K also depending on the "extras" or lack thereof.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Standfast: "Thats all I can remember for now. *It is roughly 17-18k in parts into it with nothing figured for labor. "

4. Collapse Details
    Hey ff, I was exactly where you are with this question- I was prepared to spend hudreds of hours and much $$ over the next year to build my dual purpose shotgun, but I ended up buying Standfast's car instead just last week.. *I'll post updates on his build log soon.. *He's really done a great job adapting Rorty's plan to the needs of a race/dual purpose car.. *I plan to tweak here and there.. updates soon. *pm me if you have any specific q's- I'm learning too... *-you will really appreciate this design for your needs..

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the info guys, have fun w/ that car radiodude it looks like a honey!