Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Dual Sport Motorbikes?
    I'm looking for something that would be cheap to run around here in Seattle, yet also be able to go home. Will the dual sports, 400cc or so, do 70+mph? Also, any good ones out there? I'm looking for something relatively inexpensive (3000 or below) that is reliable.
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Dual Sport Motorbikes?
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Find:
    KTM - many of the newer models are dual sports with the emphasis on dirt first, but street legal. *Don't know about pricing, but you might find one priced friendly. *Search [url=http://www.thumpertalk.com:3b7bz9pc]Thumper Talk[/url:3b7bz9pc]

Find an XR600

DRZ400 would be good too.

3. Collapse Details
    Blog Entries
    KTM is out of your price range, you might be able to buy one for under 3K but the maintinance will eat you alive. Xr400 is an awsome dualsport, just need to fiand a plated one or get one plated. DRZ400's are also good. If you want cheap but dependable, KLR650....... It's the most road worthy but the least off-road worthy.

4. Collapse Details
    Either a DRZ400 or a DR350. The 350s are stone reliable, have a cult following and are bulletproof. I have a DR350 and a DRZ400 supermoto edition, I like the 350 more. Look around, there out there.

5. Collapse Details
    My uncle had a dr350 a couple years ago. The only problem he had was that the kickstarter shaft was part of the main shaft for the transmission, and it snapped, ruining the tranny. I should look into a newer one though, I think was a 92 or 93. That's about the year I'd like to get one cheap. Will they do *70 on a hill?
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

6. Collapse Details
    BTW, what years of xr 600? I know they made a plethera of them.

7. Collapse Details
    Also, there is an 82 xl 500r honda near my house, but being that old, is it reliable? It's 1500, but I'd try to get it cheap.

8. Collapse Details
    I just bought an 08 DRZ400sm and love it, 55mpg and will do 70mph easy. *They are selling at the local shop OTD for 5918.00

9. Collapse Details
    Great, now you have me looking at dual sports. There's an 88 XR600 not far from my house. What kind of mileage do they get?

10. Collapse Details
    Anyone had experience with the V strom 650? (Zuk) Seeing that I will be spending most of the time on road, and maybe going down a fire road or two, it wouldn't be a bad choice. I'd have to find an 04 or make payments on one though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast