Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    more small buggy questions...
    So i've been working on my small single seat buggy some more, and I was just curious if the size I got it down to would fit in pretty much any trail available? *I'm curious to hear from all the people that ride trails pretty much religiously, and want your input if it's small enough to go where all the quads go, and how much interest it may get from the public....

Basically, I got it down to about 82" long, 50" wide with a 52" wheelbase, 12" ground clearance, 54" overall height, and about 14 to 16" travel on all 4 corners. *It's the same length as your typical 4x4 quad, and only about 2" wider, not sure on weight yet, but i'm gonna take a guess it'll hit the 5 or 600 pound mark, which is less than some of the 4x4 quads....

Without giving too much detail, I'm running independent rear suspension with camber change as the wheel cycles, 600cc powerplant, extremely low center of gravity, and I could stick a diff in there if needed. *I'm doing some stuff that has never been done before, so i'm not gonna post any pics just yet, I want to make more progress and maybe get some testing done first, but I was curious about how popular something like this would be, especially if I get the price under 10k for a turnkey with about 100 hp, maybe even 8k, but we'll see.......
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

2. Collapse Details
    Re: more small buggy questions...
    I do all trail riding and the width is right on Yoshi. The rest sounds good.

3. Collapse Details
    The *quad specs I looked up for sport quads to 4x4 quads was between 46 and 47.5" wide, so I was a bit concerned it was gonna be a couple inches too wide for trails, but I don't think I could get it much narrower. *I'm setting it up with 27" tall tires...

The pics below are of my SXS, NOT the new single seater, i'm just showing you the wheels and tires i'm using on the smaller single seater...
    918-521-3736

4. Collapse Details
    Holy mother of god, if you can make it turn key for around 8k your gonna be a busy man. Especially when the Revolt is like 16k and isn't very impressive. Ooo almost makes me want to abandon my project and save up some coin *

I can't wait to see pics of this beast.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay1823\";p=\"51520
    Holy mother of god, if you can make it turn key for around 8k your gonna be a busy man. Especially when the Revolt is like 16k and isn't very impressive. Ooo almost makes me want to abandon my project and save up some coin *

I can't wait to see pics of this beast.
    I think I can hit th 8k mark, it really depends on how much the powerplants are, I would like to use the same motor on all of them, as a gear box i'm building will attach directly to the output shaft of the motor, so if I can't find a steady supply of the same motors, i'm gonna end up making a bunch of different adapters to mount to other motors. *I don' have a 600cc powerplant right now, but I have plenty of busa's sitting around, so I am gonna mock the engine compartment up around the busa, since it's the biggest motor available, so as long as it fits I know anything smaller will. *I think the 600cc powerplant should do really good and not set me back that much cost wise, so we'll see how cheap I can get them. *I love building the bigger rails, but everyone is slow right now, so I just wanna make sure I have a backup to keep the shop busy between the high dollar sales, so building shifter karts and the smaller single seats buggies are new ventures i'm working on to expand my business......
    918-521-3736

6. Collapse Details
    Yoshi,I think the pilot is wider then that and it will fit on the trails pretty good.Seems a little bit narrow,how will it handle ruts and jumps with that short of a wheel base?It is hard to know without a pic of your creation,lol...

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by sicksand\";p=\"51525
    Yoshi,I think the pilot is wider then that and it will fit on the trails pretty good.Seems a little bit narrow,how will it handle ruts and jumps with that short of a wheel base?It is hard to know without a pic of your creation,lol...
    I know smaller wheelbase/track width stuff is not gonna ride as good as the bigger rails, but I have a buddy that has a 250r setup really good, and he can blow through whoops pretty damn good. *It's all in the suspension. *14 to 16" of wheel travel, independent rear suspension, and 12" ground clearance should do pretty damn good through the choppy stuff, but I will make a long travel kit for the rail that will be a bolt on addition, so people that want more travel and have bigger trails can go wider/longer. *For now, I wanna hit everyone, so a rail that can fit in any trail, and more importantly in the back of a standard pickup bed, will open me up to a bigger market....
    918-521-3736

8. Collapse Details
    The tire/wheel combo seems way too big for this type of buggy. Some sportquad type 20-22" tires would fit better I think.

9. Collapse Details
    your 2" to wide for any trails....50" is the limit almost everywere...Looking good tho...

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Reflex\";p=\"51527
    The tire/wheel combo seems way too big for this type of buggy. Some sportquad type 20-22" tires would fit better I think.
    Not with a 600cc powerplant, I have 26" tires on my fullsize single seater that weighs 950 pounds, the motor was a 98 zx6r ninja motor, about 92 hp and bone stock and that thing would light up the tires like no body's business, so the motor will turn them. *The advantage to the bigger wheels/tires is the ability to soak up choppy stuff, chug holes, bumps, etc, and it also gives me the 4" ground clearance I want at full bump so I don't bottom out the chassis. *Besides, my cost on the 26" tires and rims, in the picture I posted, are cheaper than new quad rims and tires, and they're stronger to handle the abuse better......
    918-521-3736

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast