1. Collapse Details
    I need some ST2 driveline advice
    This is what happened to a joint on my st2 after about 100 miles. I noticed some noise while turning on the right for a while and as i was about to stop and check it it just brake.
    I was far out in the woods and managed to take it off using a rock for hammer and I made it back with only one wheel drivin. I was scared the other side would brake while goin down steep hills cause I would have lost brakes since I dont have any in the front.
    I bought some better joints today but I'm not sure if they re gonna last any longer.
    Anybody had similar problems with u joints and what did u do?
    I think that the joints just cant handle the force applied to them while the buggy is turning with no diff on hard pack.
    What do you think? please help me out!

2. Collapse Details
    Re: I need some ST2 driveline advice
    them are to small, I think you need to step up to at least 1310 series....

3. Collapse Details
    How much does the car weigh? *What is the powerplant? *Is there a slip section on your axles? *Those look like they are 1000 series UJ's? *What is your axle angle at ride height?

4. Collapse Details
    Are they the series joints? i think Badland used ag joints. They could be 35's? Could you measure the width of the cross, and the diameter of one of the cups? You probably only need to setp up to the next series.
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

5. Collapse Details
    Badland doesn't use a slip. * *The arms are equal length, and any "arm" made by the u joints will follow the same arc, so there is no bind, unless the u joints aren't centered. (Very easy to get off.)
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

6. Collapse Details
    Why no front brakes on a machine you use in the woods?

7. Collapse Details
    badland doesnt use front brakes but maybe i will consider putting some. I may exceed the recommanded workin angle of the joints by a few degrees. I will lower my shocks a bit and try better quality joints. i,ve already install them. I think the next serie of joints are way too big and wouldnt pass inside the hubs. anyway i'll give it a try and see if it lasts.

8. Collapse Details
    here is a picture of the back so you can see the angle of the joints. not the best pic but this is all i had in stock!
    I use a raptor700 motor which develops about 50 hp.
    The car probably weights around 600 pounds i'd say.

9. Collapse Details
    This is such a nice looking ST2 and it did last 100 miles so that's a big plus. When looking at the left U-joint at the carrier the angle appears significant so it must be extreme at full droop.

How much ground clearance do you have at full bump? Is it possible that relocating the upper shock mount would provide adequate ground clearance and allow full shock extension that does not exceed the U-joint's capability? Could you clearance the U-joint for more angle?

I don't know if you have responded to WOT's various threads or not but he could use some first hand information about the Raptor engine in a light weight car. Your car and experience could be very enlightening to him.

10. Collapse Details
    Thank you Gene. I think that relocating the shock mounts would require major modifications but i could just use stock shocks wich are one and half inch shorter cause i did modifie those to increase ground clearance. I may exceed the joints capability by 3 to 5 degrees the way it is now.

I'll see if I can answer WOT's treads i'd be glad to enlight him.