1. Collapse Details
    Desert Race videos
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads

Believe it or not - this didn't hurt! (and none of the silt came in my side! *WOO HOO!!!)

Here are four short videos I shot of the qualifiers after I got out of our truck.

I don't have any info, don't know who the vehicles are... *The sun sucked and I couldn't see squat. *I'm actually surprised the videos came out as well as they did!

[url=http://www.yellowdogracing.com/2006Terribles400/ttmainjump.wmv:u8lqginc]TT over the main jump[/url:u8lqginc]

[url=http://www.yellowdogracing.com/2006Terribles400/class1mainjump.wmv:u8lqginc]1 Car over the main jump[/url:u8lqginc]

[url=http://www.yellowdogracing.com/2006Terribles400/1carinfield.wmv:u8lqginc]1 Car running the infield[/url:u8lqginc]

[url=http://www.yellowdogracing.com/2006Terribles400/10carinfield.wmv:u8lqginc]10 Car running the infield[/url:u8lqginc] *I love the way this sounds!

Enjoy!

The race was the Henderson/Terrible's 400. (just south of Las Vegas) *I got to navigate again - we went the full four laps (80 miles each) and took second place overall, second in class and set the fastest lap time.

I spent 6:06 getting beaten around in the TT over the roughest terrain I've ever driven/ridden over.

There were bowling ball sized rocks scattered all over the course. *About 30 miles of the 80 was rough rocky terrain, 20 or so was flat out haul-arse 100 plus (outran the helicopter!) and the rest was everything from silt to some of the nastiest washboard stuff I've ever seen.

One flat, one incident with a Jeepspeed, two driver's changes and a fuel pump problem kept us from winning, but overall, it was absolutely killer.

Yes bdk, I'm hooked like a crack addict. *This stuff rocks!

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Desert Race videos
    Great vids K-fab...

3. Collapse Details
    Living the DREAM!

Congratulations once again - ain't nuthin' wrong with runner up!

Nice videos and they all sound good, especially the last one whatever it was. Kinda subie - VW - motorcyle sound.

Some of them landed a bit on the nose, guess that's all about when you lift the throttle. Off throttle in the air and back on upon touchdown - but not too soon.

I'm sure most of us feel better about ourselves knowing you are back in that frigid OHIO ICEBOX!

4. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    The 10 Car is Honda VTEC powered.

The first little jump kicked back badly - in fact, the Honda powered car was the only one I saw go over it well. *We'd come up to it, hit the brakes hard and then nail the throttle as we went over it - kept the flight attitude more or less level.

The next two jumps were stick the pedal to the floor and float. *Pete would feather back off the throttle as we left the jump and then roll back into it as we'd land - motocross style.

It amazed me at how many of the bigger, faster cars let off as they got to the face of the big jump - nose over city. *Didn't see anyone crash though.

I did watch a Rhino go off the big one at speed. *Not good at all. *He did a 20' nose wheelie before the rears touched down again. *Everyone along pit row made the collective gasp/yeehaw sound.

Yes, it's cold here - this crap SUCKS and we've just started. *I hate winter and being cold. *Give me 115 in the shade over 45 in the sun anyday.

5. Collapse Details
    Excellent stuff you lucky bar steward! I'll swap our 115 degrees for your 45 degrees any day. I don't mind sweating if I'm working hard, but I really object to sweating when I'm just standing still! *

6. Collapse Details
    Sounds like Kansas in august!

7. Collapse Details
    V-tech?eh????

8. Collapse Details
    [Some of them landed a bit on the nose, guess that's all about when you lift the throttle. Off throttle in the air and back on upon touchdown - but not too soon.

They should all land on the nose. If the by-pass shock is set so tight in rebound that it lands flat off a jump, it will pack in the woops'. Race cars will be set up to run the course not the in field jump.