1. Collapse Details
    Need help looking at things in the Arizona (Phoenix/Yuma area) For a couple things...
    Willing to compensate for the right help.

Looking for a few things right now. Can offer a fair finders fee for the right help! Or more for other help. Please read on.

I am from Northern Michigan and you know up here EVERYTHING rusts out if it sees our winter roads. The items I am looking at will NOT see snow ever while I live and breathe.

I am in the market for a couple older vehicles. As well as someone who knows toys who might be able to check out a sand rail for me in Yuma Az!!!!!! Before I go all the way out there.

If I come out there I wish to return home with a couple of things. Three actually. Maybe four.

First thing I am looking for is a U-haul 26 foot box truck. Must be in decent condition. Prefer the gas motor. Prefer automatic but stick is fine.

The next is either a nice Van (van 2wd or the elusive 4x4 van) or 4x4 ext cab (or crew cab) 4x4 truck. Must be rust free. Looking at older ones like Fords with 302 or 351 (460 a maybe) Chevy 350 to 454. Not a big dodge fan but might look at the right ones.

My "goal" here is to find at least one of these and if it is not in make a trip condition to drive it 2500 miles to get it there. Thus would need good shop recommendations near it.

I have not ruled out just renting a U haul box truck to get me and a couple "toys" back home. But If I found the right one I could use a large box truck around here. So buying one is an option.

For the truck I want at least an extended or extra cab. Crew cab is good. 4x4 almost a must. A good flatbed on one would be nice. The more hitches the better. No such thing as to big of a flatbed. I would want at least an eight foot bed. Truck being an auto would be better for what I need it for.

The van I seek would be empty with a hitch. (I would take a loaded conversions I could remove the seats. I only need want the front two (or even one) (The conversion insulation they install already in is nice to deaden road noise.) The longer the better. I would also consider a straight six engine.

I am looking at popping out there and may not be sure of how long I can stay. So anything ahead of time would be good!

My goal or goals is one of the following.

1. Uhaul topkick 26' foot truck with buggy inside and rust free van or truck on trailer behind it.

2. 4x4 ext cab Truck with hitch pulling a trailer with Van on it. If a buggy an enclosed trailer with the buggy IN it.

3. Van with hitch pulling buggy in enclosed trailer. (This is most likely what will happen if I buy a vehicle other than the buggy but I am open)

Other vehicles I am considering are "ramp trucks" with a regular truck cab (or crew cab) with a ramp bed that does not move. Or a rollback type wrecker if a decent one was found.

The problem we have around here is rust eats em. You can't save them. So I am after truly rust free for decent deals. If I have to have an engine or tranny did that could be possible if the truck was the right deal.

The box truck does NOT have to be a uhaul. I would look at others. A rear lift gate is a plus but even though I have seen them a lift gate and a hitch would be needed. These are out there but you do not see them often with both on the butt of a large box truck.

But most of all!!! I am seeking someone who might be able to check out a sandrail that is in Yuma AZ right now. If it looks promising I would come out to see it and if no truck or van could be had to drag it home I would put it in the back of a uhaul to get it back here.

If you have or know of a unit let me know the condition and price. I am not daddy warbucks here. But willing to go a bit for good units.

Thanks Bill

If someone knew a Trucker who is an Owner Operator who would make a Michigan from Arizona run I am also weighing in on buying a Semi trailer from out there (again a no rust unit) with a lift gate on it's butt and putting a sandrail in it and bringing that home to me. Yes I am somewhat aware of what this will cost.
    Semi trailer with a lift gate and swing doors and a side door is my holy grail of that kind of trailer. Would take a roll up door if nice condition and the side door is not needed but a want.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Need help looking at things in the Arizona (Phoenix/Yuma area) For a couple thing
    If you or someone you know does long distance hauling I may also be interested in their services to get the rail back here to me for now IF I were to just get it. And or a vehicle if they were a "hotshot operator type with a one ton dually with a long ass fifth-wheel or goose-neck. I would prefer the buggy inside but well tarped would be OK.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

3. Collapse Details
    Re: Need help looking at things in the Arizona (Phoenix/Yuma area) For a couple thing
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Get on Craigslist in Phoenix, Albuquerque, Oklahoma City - all are “on the way”
    I know there are a couple members in Yuma - hope one pops up.
    You have a place to stop here in Phx - I’ll show you the desert at night since it’s too hot during the day now.

4. Collapse Details
    I have a recently retired friend who lives in Yuma, Text me you number and I'll get you in touch, I'm sure he can at least look at the rail and maybe ye'd be willing to hire out to make the long haul?
    my number is 951-691-3066,

5. Collapse Details
    Team minibuggy helping each other out. Love it.
    All dressed up and waiting for the beer to arrive.

6. Collapse Details
    I haven't been contacted yet though?

7. Collapse Details
    My apologies. I have been very busy and was not getting notifications as they were all going to my old email. I need to get that corrected. I will contact you soon. Thanks Bill

8. Collapse Details
    Something like this is what I wish to find.
    https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/b...137800700.html If I could find a van like that and find out it is at least worth me to come out there. I would not be against a Chevy either. Get it in Trip shape and then come out and bring it and a rail back and I could rent or buy a trailer.

I would also consider renting a U-haul to get a buggy home in but would rather put that loot towards a good old van.