Re: imgur: PB Alternative (It's better)
    Yep, I made the switch last winter. Works awesome

Justun
    Nowhere near the desert.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullnerd View Post
    Saving each individual pic blows!
    Yes, yes it does. Unfortunately it's the only way to get our photos back from PB now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they disabled the ability to right click on pictures, so you cant open them in a new tab and save them like some art-photo sites.

So with that in mind GO GET ALL YOUR PICS GO GO GO GO GO!
    My Protodie SS1000 Build
    My 1980 SR250 Build
    My 1999 Blaster Build

2016 YZ450F
    2006 YZ450F
    2013 KLX110 stockmod

3. Collapse Details
    I use Imgur as well, have been for quite a while but someone pointed out to me a little while ago this line in their terms of service:

Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do and we will be the judge or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.
    I'm assuming they're meaning don't use them for hosting for commercial purposes, since it seems odd they would include a BB code hotlink next to every image if they didn't want you do use it, but then again if they get enough traffic from certain forums they could throw the switch if they wanted to. Just something to consider. Unfortunately I don't have any other options to suggest right now

4. Collapse Details
    I was concerned about the same thing SamR was with Imgur's TOS. Sounds like they don't seem to care about forum posts too much, but it would kind of suck to rebuild a thread with good images just to see them get taken down again.

5. Collapse Details
    photo bucket totally screwed my thread up. I got in there and started deleting old pictures but it didn't help. Switching everything over to imgur now.
    All you got to do is remember 2 thing, Mentum and Mo-Mentum.

6. Collapse Details
    If you are pissed off with photobucket (who isn't) jump on their facebook and have a squizz at the comments. You certainly aren't alone!

7. Collapse Details
    I haven't had a good look on here, but are we limited to the amount of pictures we just upload into MBN? Normally I just do it through Tapatalk, but Lord knows they may pull that, or do some really stupid shenanigans. One forum I was on years ago, members were limited to 10 pics, paid members (like $25 a year) had unlimited, but if they did not renew their membership, all but 10 pics would be removed.

I know hosting pictures would end up sucking, because I'm bad at editing the picture down to a small size and when you get many large pictures/files it eats up storage like it's no one's business. But given our extremely limited options with online services being able to just change the ToS without warning at any given time, what is our limit to upload directly to here?

8. Collapse Details
    It's all a risk, you can't escape it. Imgur is the best at present and imgur was founded to THE hosting service for Reddit. It's going to be around a long time and since it's heavily ad driven they're not going to be seeking revenue like some others. But it's still not going to last forever. IF you find something online you want to reference later, save it. Don't expect it to be there next year.

9. Collapse Details
    That's why I just copy pictures and save them on my microSD card on my phone. But I am still curious if MBN has a limit on how many pictures the site itself can host before it becomes a huge problem.

10. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    I need to see what the settings and how much storage the MBN server has. If it’s a reasonable amount (cost - I foot the entire MBN bill) I can see how to go about hosting the pics. Would make life easier here.
    I admit that I cheat and upload all my pics to my Yellowdogracing site which is sub-hosted on the MBN server.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2