Thread: F1 thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: F1 thread
    prediction ... with about 10 min to go .. lewis and nico take each other out ... Alanso FTW after vettel and riccardo do the same. My man felipe up to about p10 unless his #2 man bad luck strikes again (he's got it just like barrichello and irvine did)

2. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    I loved the interview after quals - I doubt Nico purposely missed the corner and took a possible pole from Hamilton, but regardless it was great seeing Hamilton so cooly pissed off.

20 minutes 'till the start of Monaco 2014. Go Nico! If there's gonna be a MB domination, I want to see Rosberg be the dominate one in that livery.

Personally I'd really like to see Kimi win it.

3. Collapse Details
    Not such a good night for Kimi, Mercedes are a class above the rest, but if Red Bull find some extra power our aussie hero will keep them both honest.

4. Collapse Details
    Okay, Nico was in the lead when I left the house. I'm hoping he stayed there. I'll look when I get home next Monday. - and now I have to stay outta this thread.

5. Collapse Details
    FELIPE!!!

"You can DO EEET!" Rob Schneider--Waterboy)

6. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    Another good race in Brazil! Alonso and Raikkonen had quite a go. With Alonso likely leaving Ferrari, it appeared the gloves were off. Great to watch.

It looks to me that Hamilton has shown he has the talent to take it to Rosberg. If it had been different circumstances, there could have been another teammate battle.

I'm not a fan of the double points for the final race. A bit too carnivally for me. Who knows, it could be good.
    I race, therefore I am

7. Collapse Details
    I'm not much of an F1 fan, and rarely watch it, but I ended up going to the USGP a couple weeks ago. My friend who helped me a lot with my buggy has been really into F1 the past few years and gone to the USGP before, and convinced me to go this year. It was definitely more interesting to watch in person than on TV. The new engines are surprisingly quiet, apparently in past years hearing protection was necessary but now you can only hear the cars when they are right in front of you. We were sitting at Turn 12, the end of the longest straight into a hairpin turn, so seeing the cars brake from 200+ mph to 60 is impressive, plus this is where most of the action happened, both passes and crashes.

8. Collapse Details
    I made it to the inaugural race at COTA. Turn 12 was my favorite vantage point on the track. The main grandstands were outright painful, even with hearing protection. Not sure about the new quiet hybrids.

Assuming no mechanical failures, then we should see a Mercedes 1-2 and Hamilton take the championship.

9. Collapse Details
    How do I make loud crying noises on a forum???

I can't get the races here - the (I HATE) Direct TV subscription in the place we're staying doesn't carry the channel! Two more months and I'll be back up and running on Dish Network and be happy! - did I say how much I HATE Direct TV? I never say I hate stuff, but man... It's as bad as Windblows 8

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dunerocket View Post
    I made it to the inaugural race at COTA. Turn 12 was my favorite vantage point on the track. The main grandstands were outright painful, even with hearing protection. Not sure about the new quiet hybrids.
    The only painful part was sitting on those metal bleachers for hours, even with a cusion got old quick. I did use hearing protection for the Ferrari's as they were the loudest, but the F1 cars were probably the quietest.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast