1. Collapse Details
    Mini Buggy participation figures for the US
    Hi All
    The government in Queensland (Australia) is looking to establish a 1500ac motor cross park just down the road from Rorty HQ!

I'm looking to get in on the action to give buggy owners somewhere to use their toys other than on private land. We don't have the same range of use options here for vehicles that aren't road registered. We may be able to establish short track (stadium style) and long forest trail options.

To help the cause I could really do with some indication of participation figures in the USA for local clubs and buggy parks.
    Just an indication of number in your club or where you drive is fine, I'll put it together to support the case for a mini buggy area in the park.

Thanks in advance!

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Mini Buggy participation figures for the US
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Places like Durhamtown Plantation, Windrock Park, Hatfield & McCoy and The Badlands are dedicated off road parks (all Eastern US) that allow us to go play and now that the UTV scene is so large, it's opened up more places to play. Often these require "membership" - which is generally just an annual fee of 20 bucks or so and they give you a little card to show when you enter the place.

We're allowed to run in many of the National Parks/recreational areas too. These require US Forestry approved spark arrestors and are often limited in vehicle width. (60" often, if I recall correctly). Once you start heading west, the terrain opens up and out on the left side of the US, there are massive areas that, while regulated, allow unlimited vehicle running.

Very often, it's the private places that give us the most "open from rules" places.

As far as clubs, like I see referenced in Oz, I'm not aware of any.
    The only "clubs" I'm aware of on a fairly nation wide basis are generally oriented around Harley-Davidson and require a bandana and leather jacket instead of a spark arrestor and helmet.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks K-fab, I'll have a look at the parks in the US to see how they are run.
    Are there organised minibuggy racing events or mostly recreation?

4. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Seems that there are a lot of organized UTV races and some of the more open allowing mini buggy oriented rides it be included. The Badlands is one that does.

5. Collapse Details
    UTV's are big here as well. They have a special class in our regulated motorsports events which is probably where the buggy guys who want to compete will end up racing.

I'm thinking of a trip to the US maybe later this year or early next - for promotion / supplier visit and to see first hand what the buggy scene is like. Are there any shows or events that I should try and get to?

Also wanted to know if I need to have a vendor account to post ads etc on the forum.

Cheers