Page 86 of 91 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: The supercross thread
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDUNO View Post
    Whenever your bike is the reason you're riding bad, you want everyone to know..lol
    Ha....very true. It's so common that I really didn't even consider a mechanical failure when he was looking down.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_J View Post
    I have mixed feelings about how lappers should race when the leaders come around. I don't think they should have to just pull over, they are still racing afterall. But, I do think they should stay out of the main lines when the leaders come around. Wilson said he couldn't hear Ken yelling...what about the blue flags? He had to know they were getting close.
    Yeah, it's one of those incidents that is borderline. Technically Wilson had the right to hold his line and make the leader work his way around. Racers want to be given respect when lapping riders, so if you expect riders to get out of your way, it should work the same when being lapped.

It reminds me of when Bubba f-ed up Marvins first win. Going back and looking how James spoke of lappers throughout his career, he had no place running through the whoops that fast with the leaders in a battle lapping him. Technically, no foul.
    I race, therefore I am

3. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    Blog Entries
    AAAARRRRGGGG!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CLOSE! Poor Ken.

And on another subject, I know Barcia had some issues, but that gas gas was still the fastest bike there. Do any of you think maybe gas gas is getting the special treatment from the sanctioning body? You know, like how Nascar sometimes gives that special carburetor to certain teams?

And did Ricky Carmichael get a weight watchers sponsor or something? lol

4. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    Blog Entries
    One of the things that surprised me, was that Dean was in 10th place while almost being lapped. He may have not believed the blue flag was for him, it wouldn't be the first time a blue flag was improperly waved at a rider.

5. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    I saw a Twitter post from Dean straight up owning that his focus ahead was tunnel vision and how sorry he was for taking the win away from KR. I thought it was a pretty cool gesture. He realized how badly his lack of paying attention to the flaggers cost Ken and seems sincerely sorry. Definitely made it good in my book. Most wont call themselves out, he did. Bravo.

I’d heard 51 was stuck in second gear earlier. Yesterday, watching the show, the mentioned the shifter got broken in first!
    There was also a comment that the GG is a bit lighter than the rest and is making big (but useable/manageable) hp. Barsha will be on the box more and more this year.

It is fun watching Malcolm blitz the whoops. I don’t think there’s anyone on his level there. I kept waiting for him to do what he did to Marvin (was it Marvin?) where he barely got stopped after the run and took out the front wheel to Toemack.

Jet’s learning fast. Same character personality as AC - we need that in the sport.

Yamaha 250 boys are gonna go tooth & nail after each other.

All in all, good racing. Both fields are stacked with people capable of pulling off the win.
    Sand is for fast cars

Dirt is for fast drivers

Yellow Dog Racing

6. Collapse Details

And on another subject, I know Barcia had some issues, but that gas gas was still the fastest bike there. Do any of you think maybe gas gas is getting the special treatment from the sanctioning body? You know, like how Nascar sometimes gives that special carburetor to certain teams?
    I thought about that! I doubt it, though.
    I race, therefore I am

7. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by odypilots View Post
    I thought about that! I doubt it, though.
    Kinda reminds me when we first started racing 4 strokes. Doug Henry esque lol

8. Collapse Details
    Kinda reminds me when we first started racing 4 strokes. Doug Henry esque lol
    I don't get it. Doug Henry esque?
    I race, therefore I am

9. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by odypilots View Post
    I don't get it. Doug Henry esque?

Doug had a clear advantage over the 2 strokes in the 1998 outdoor motocross championship.

10. Collapse Details
    Doug had a clear advantage over the 2 strokes in the 1998 outdoor motocross championship.
    A-ha.
    I race, therefore I am

Page 86 of 91 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast