Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: The supercross thread
    Pretty good show, but did I miss something with the 250's? No heat races, no lead up?

2. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    The best race was the 450 LCQ - top six battled pretty well.

250 heats - meh... Nothing exciting. Heck, the whole night was pretty boring but it was wonderful to see racing again!

NBC did a back to back thing with coverage. 250 heats and LCQ were on one show then they popped up with the 450 heats, LCQ and all the mains in a second program.

Two things that I noticed about the lack of an audience:
    1) Never realized just how much sound the crowd makes and the energy it brings to the show. No announcer yelling, no pyrotechnics - just 20 bikes running around the track with turn marshals and medical crew scattered about.
    B) Felt bad for the 250 winner - he comes across the line, fist all pumping in the air, looks up at where the audience should be to share with his enthusiasm for having just won a main and nothing. You could see the hype and excitement just sort of drain out of his body posture when he looked up and saw nobody.

I actually fast forwarded through the last 7 minutes of the 450 race. Toemack got out front, everyone else settled into place and it was boring.

But we still got to see racing!!!!
    Now if F1 would just get back on program the world would be good.

selfish side note - I've always preached "STOP THE MADNESS!" referring to that crap March Madness and college basketball. After years of asking for this, my wish was granted! They cancelled college basketball! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!! Even if I had to loose a few months of SX and possibly a year of F1, having March Madness cancelled was WORTH IT! I HATE THAT SHIT....

3. Collapse Details
    AHH! The first show must have been on NBCSN, I only saw the second show on NBC. I have to say, I wasn't bored at all.

4. Collapse Details
    My recording came in two shows, a 1 hour and 2 hour show. I watched the 2 hour and it was all 450 except for the 250 main. I imagine the 1 hour is the rest of 250s as K said. Yeah, when the first heat went into turn 1, the lack of the crowd noise was very noticeable! It didn't impact my enjoyment much after that.

You REALLY don't like the third month insanity, do ya, K. I get it, when I was still working, they'd come around with the brackets all laid out and make you pick a set of teams. "make you pick teams" is only a mild exaggeration! The worst is how it dominates the tv programing. I need my "Touched By An Angel"!
    I race, therefore I am

5. Collapse Details
    Nothing pisses me off more than a college basketball game preempting a show I like. Especially a motor sport.

6. Collapse Details
    My daughter and I sat down to watch the 450's.

NBC switched back to local news which was an hour (or more) straight of idiots looting a foot locker in Philly.

They did eventually replay it so I caught some. Like K said.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

7. Collapse Details
    Just subscribed to those extended highlight races on youtube. Doesn't look like many of the remaining race will be on broadcast tv.

8. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Track was slightly different - not really sure what was changed but they said more right handers.
    Racing was better than Sunday’s.

250s had some good main racing - Brown is quick! Kid has talent. (Who am I kidding - everyone on that track has talent)
    450s - yeah, more good stuff. Malcom was wicked through the whoops.
    Ken looked like he had it all under control until he gassed. Altitude is definitely playing into it. I think that’s what got Osborne in the end too.

They need to change the track once a week and have them run reverse direction for the second use. New Sunday, reverse direction on Wednesday. Would make it interesting if nothing else.

9. Collapse Details
    Holy crap! Mookie past Cooper Webb for a heat race win!!!
    For you guys that stream, you have to subscribe to Motorsports On NBC Youtube channel. The Extended Highlights are awesome, I have the Youtube app and watch them on my tv. Be careful to click on the extended highlights, not just the regular highlights. The extended highlights are usually about 15 minutes long, and they show almost all of the action..The 250's and 450's have their own separate highlights show.

10. Collapse Details
    Another cool option I just found was to sync my laptop youtube to my tv youtube app. I hate using the tv search, so much easier to use the laptop then just click the watch on tv button.

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78